Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Icon notifications for 1 message

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 08:27 AM)
NewtonHeath
Explorer
Options
S22 Ultra

Every time I get a message from text to WhatsApp it can show up to six notification icons for just one message.

Anybody know how to resolve this please?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@NewtonHeath: Please can you try heading to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Notification reminders, and toggle this off if applicable?

0 Likes
NewtonHeath
Explorer
Options
Thank you for your reply and my delay in responding. It was already off.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NewtonHeath: If the issue persists, please head to Settings > Software update > Download and install, followed by Settings > Biometrics and security > Security update, to make sure your device is fully up to date. Furthermore, head to the Google Play Store > Tap the profile in the top right > Manage apps and device > Updates, and check for any updates for WhatsApp that might address the issue. I also recommend checking the in app notification settings and exploring your options here. 

0 Likes
NewtonHeath
Explorer
Options
Cheers for your response, but it is not just whatsapp, its text messages, and any kind of notification app. Everything is always up to date as I do it daily. The only work round is to change the icon notifications to a dot rather than the actual number of messages I have received.
0 Likes