Samsung Members Star ★
Options

dual sim as in two nano sims plus esim? 

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Mooks91
Student
Options

Yes it does have dual nano sims, and mine came from the network provider and not samsung direct.

On one side of the sim card tray it's for sim one and flip the tray over and that's where sim 2 goes. I currently have 2 nano sims in mine which work perfectly on 5g.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Monisha: The Galaxy S22 Ultra is dual SIM only, and doesn't support expandable storage via SD card. To expand your storage we recommend utilising cloud based options such as Google Drive and OneDrive. 

0 Likes
Dana28
Apprentice
Options

Not truth. Mine is single SIM. Ordered from official Samsung. I just wanted to put my 2 phone numbers and I realised that is only one single slot and nothing else.

Dana28
Apprentice
Options

Mine is single SIM. Ordered from official Samsung. I just wanted to put my 2 phone numbers and I realised that is only one single slot and nothing else

AntS
Options

How odd, @Dana28! Like others in the thread have said, the SIM tray for the UK/Ireland S22 Ultra is two-sided:

SIM_S22 Ultra_UK.jpg

Can you confirm the model number of the phone you've got? (It'll be in Settings > About Phone.)

Lido666
First Poster
Options

the samsung s22 only have one physical modem (Samsung Exynos 2200 chip contains a single modem), meaning that both sim cards share the same modem, so no dual active, rather dual standby.    If you put two sim cards into the phone, and call both, one will always to go voicemail, or if you use sim card 2 for data, data pauses when on a call for sim  card 1.

As more and more phones use a SOC which contains a single modem, finding a phone with dual active is going to become increasingly challenging.

Emmashahid
First Poster
Options

Hi from the UK. I can only see one part for the SIM card to be put in. Where do I put the other SIM card? Thanks

0 Likes
Emmashahid
First Poster
Options

I purchased straight from Samsung but it’s only single sim on the s22 ultra? 

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Where/who did you purchase the phone from? If in UK end from Samsung then it is double SIM. Back to back in the sim tray 

0 Likes
Members_zvqO6VH
First Poster
Options

I've just received mine from Samsung directly and its not dual sim. Sending it back tomorrow

0 Likes