Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS update halved Geekbench single core result

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 09:56 PM)
ruuvvi
Navigator
Options

I installed today the GOS update. After install I rebooted phone and also wiped cache.

Before update my Geekbench result was single core 1181 / Multi-core 3524.

After update Single core 662 / Multi-core 3584

So single core result halved. I tought this update should have improve the performance but it did the opposite?!?

40 REPLIES 40
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
No, it wasn't ever going to improve it...quite the opposite. The whole point was it was partly designed to prioritise benchmarking to give higher numbers. Samsung caught got caught out.
AntonioMerretti
Pioneer
Options
Yeah same result for me! Haven't noticed any difference to the phone. Would be interesting to confirm the Snapdragon test for this
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
So it begins the true numbers ..not fake numbers as before as I've been saying all along ! ....and criticised for saying it by some people ...that is what Geekbench found out and kicked off them phones from there site and why Korea FTC ( Fair Trade Commission ) is investigating Samsung about its false claims !!...Samsung was caught out !! and remember they have been doing this on S10 S20 S21 and S22 series ( phones series which Geekbench have banned from there site )..Shame on Samsung
The Samsung mad fans will now come out defending it as always ( Samsung can do no wrong 🤦...the phone is ok does what I want it to do and benchmarks don't matter lol 🤦)

We can thank the samsung Customers in Korea who had the guts to join together and put in a complaint to the Fair Trade Commission to find out the thruth about Samsung and what they were doing ..
Not like here where people accept it ..so maybe the investigation by the FTC will benefit everyone in the end .. hopefully ..
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah, that's what I need day in day out. Benchmarking. I love it. Excuse the sarcasm but I cannot remember in the last 5 years when I thought, hay samsung why can't my phone run 0.001 seconds faster opening that app...sarcasm over.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm no Samsung fanboy by any means. You just need to go through my comments to see that. I wish many aspects of the company could get better. What I would be interested in knowing is what implications a reduction in the single core benchmark would be? Or to phrase it differently what would a doubling of Single Core score do for my S21 Ultra. I genuinely don't know what the scores even means. One side of me is angry if this is verifiably true but other half is like 🤷 since I've not noticed a single issue in 8 months of having the phone. First 3 were rough.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
It's Not about benchmarks it's about false claims by Samsung that's what there being investigated for by Korean FTC ... customers over there not happy

Samsung being ( Sammobile click link ) investigated https://www.sammobile.com/news/ftc-to-look-over-samsung-game-optimization-service-scandal/
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
When the investigation is over at least everyone will know the truth and maybe they will never do what they have been doing again which is better for all customers. All over the world
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah I understand, I will have a close read of the article. I have sent emails before to Samsung pointing out misleading stuff on their website etc and improvents they could make. It just the same thing it's never lead to anywhere.

But then practical brain version of me still pokes his head in and says "who cares", what do those numbers mean? Would more single core do anything meaningful or would it destroy battery life. I've had a great time with this phone taking great photos (up to 30x, an example of misleading I'd say as the 100x has only 1 use case. Moonshot photography).
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
That's the problem I think UK customers say who cares and Samsung get away with it ...Korean customers do not except it and want answers .. I just don't understand that surely we all want answers ?
0 Likes