Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 charging

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 07:29 PM)
Jonnygoodman
Journeyman
Options
I have a "standard" s22 which I am loving, but I only get 16hrs battery life. I've been using my old s10 plus 15W charger to date. Should I get a 25W charger? Is the only advantage speed, or will this enhance the battery also (usage duration and lifetime of the battery)?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I am also very curious about the best and safest way to charge the battery in my S22 Ultra.

I have both the new versions of the 45w super fast charger 2.0 and also the super fast charging duo pad.

You say you get only 16 hours of battery life, but checking just now, I get about the same 🙃

So that's 3700 mAh vs 5000 mAh

Same days I do get 20 hours though Screenshot_20220312-201549_Device care_137003_1647116149.jpg

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
What is your screen on time looking like?
0 Likes
Jonnygoodman
Journeyman
Options
I've lost the metrics for some reason, but I unplugged my charger 2.5hrs ago and the battery has dropped to 91%. Its just been sitting on my desk as a slept.
0 Likes
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
I'm getting 2 days battery life on my "standard S22" and I'm using my S20 charger which is a 25w fast charging plug.
0 Likes
Jonnygoodman
Journeyman
Options
Wow.....how are you getting 2 days?!
0 Likes
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
When you usually get a new phone, there is usually around 50% they give you, I use the phone normally (minimal use at times) until it says "connect charger". I repeat this method of use and charging until the battery moderates itself. I'm on my fourth day of the S22 and a full charge will last me for about 2 days with 43% average daily use
0 Likes
Jonnygoodman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice. Does the phone say "connect charger" at 15%?
0 Likes
PuffGalaxy131
Navigator
Options
Usually when it goes under 20%. I've noticed with new phones, for me, it is best to first use the phone as normal until it needs to charge and repeat the process until it learns your usage patterns. I also have dark mode on, screen mode on natural, motion smoothness on adaptive, eye comfort shield on adaptive and screen timeout on 2 mins. You can always play around with the settings to see what suits you best.
0 Likes
Jonnygoodman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the tips, I'll try your suggestions. How long have you had your s22?
0 Likes