Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps and waze not working

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 03:50 PM)
Gladitz
First Poster
Options

I purchased a 22 Ultra 3 weeks ago.  However every time I try to use Google maps or Waze the phone says GPS not working.  As I use these apps quite a lot I'm thinking that the phone needs to go back.  Does anyone know if there is a similar problem on the 21 Ultra?

5 REPLIES 5
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I own an Exynos 512Gb 16Gb RAM S21 Ultra @Gladitz and all I can say is that my phone has no such problem and I have not heard of this affecting any S21 Ultras but I have heard of it being a problem on the S22 Ultra and one that needs an urgent fix. I do not know if any software or app updates have cleared this problem for some 22U owners?. Apart from the usual advice of clearing the cache partition followed by a reboot and clearing the caches on your affected apps and ensuring your software and apps are all upto date I can only genuinely wish you all the best with this big time nuisance problem.. 👍 👍
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
@Gladitz I have had the S21 ultra for a year and never had any issues with GPS, I have had my S22 Ultra since launch and again no issues with GPS. I use Google maps regularly and always works. Is yours a UK device bought In the UK? Have you updated your phone with the April 1 firmware? I have heard this update fixed this problem for many others?
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Hi I have had this problem with my s20+ all I did was turn on location because it was not on
Jensays
Journeyman
Options

When I read all these comments about Waze not working on the S22 series, I was ready to return my phone, especially because when I opened Waze on my S22 I couldn't get anything to work on there, such as where I want to go.  But then I saw on another page that under Setting, make sure Location is turned on.  Interestingly,  when you go to Location you'll see applications listed as Recent Access.  Waze should be there (if you uninstalled it in a fit of anger, please reinstall).  So, select Waze, and you'll see it's location permissions.  Select "Allow all the time", turn on "use precise location".  The other settings pertain to permissions, such as contacts and calendar.

When I went back to Waze it was fine!  I'll guess that we haveto do the same with all GPS apps.

0 Likes
Jensays
Journeyman
Options

When I read all these comments about Waze not working on the S22 series, I was ready to return my phone, especially because when I opened Waze on my S22 I couldn't get anything to work on there, such as where I want to go.  But then I saw on another page that under Setting, make sure Location is turned on.  Interestingly,  when you go to Location you'll see applications listed as Recent Access.  Waze should be there (if you uninstalled it in a fit of anger, please reinstall).  So, select Waze, and you'll see it's location permissions.  Select "Allow all the time", turn on "use precise location".  The other settings pertain to permissions, such as contacts and calendar.

When I went back to Waze it was fine!  I'll guess that we have to do the same with all GPS apps.

0 Likes