Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery photos gone?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
gha95
Student
Options
Last few days possibly after updating my gallery photos have gone, obviously Google drive is set up but I haven't used it to delete photos other than the ones I wanted to remove manually but I did that last week. Pictures of my house and recent receipts (yesterday) I took are now gone. When I haven't deleted them at all...

Any idea what the hell has happened? 
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@gha95: To begin with, please swipe up from your Home screen > Gallery > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Recycle Bin, and check to see if the missing photos have found their way here. If they have, press and hold on an image, tap on any others you'd like to recover (or hit 'All' in the top left), then hit 'Restore'. 

If this isn't applicable, and if you have a OneDrive backup, then please tap the 3 lines in the bottom right of the Gallery > Settings > Sync with OneDrive, and follow the on-screen instructions to see if you're able to restore your images in this manner. 

If you're unable to locate your images in the Gallery, then please tap the Home button > Swipe up from your Home screen > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images, and check to see if the images are intact in this location. I also recommend swiping up from your Home screen, tapping on the Google folder and selecting 'Photos' as you should find an archive of your images and videos in this location. 

As a basic troubleshooting step, please press and hold the Power button on the side of your Galaxy S22, and select 'Restart' from the Power off menu that appears on screen. This will refresh the device, and address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. 

0 Likes
gha95
Student
Options
Non of this showed anything back up. I'm guessing Google drive has wiped them after a back up ( I assume)
0 Likes
LeAnn1
First Poster
Options

I do not have a restore option.  What do I do?IMG_3746.jpeg

0 Likes
chotipagli
First Poster
Options
This has happened to me too
0 Likes
Members_NQozaot
First Poster
Options

Same issue, can't see photos clicked, for a day I could see them if I check clicked photos from Camara app but after a day they were completely gone. I know I did nothing differently:(

0 Likes
Jean9686
First Poster
Options

I found all my pictures in "my files" images tab every photo ever taken is there. Would be nice if it was in the gallery but at least I know where they are. Try looking in the my files folder. Best of luck to all I know it's very stressful I was freaking out. Thanks for the advice

0 Likes
Bella332
Student
Options

I just hosted a retreat and used my s22 to document the whole thing, I opened the phone today all of the pictures and videos have simply disappeared.. not in my files, not in the trash, I can't understand it at all.. this is a priceless loss that has absolutely broken my heart. My phone was on airplane mode while taking the pictures, could this have caused an issue? My phones are usually always on airplane, and have never had an issue with pictures randomly disappearing before. Absolutely devastating 

Bella332
Student
Options

None of this helped me. What happened to all my pictures and videos???

SirSparksalot
First Poster
Options

I just woke up to 2,700 photos missing from my gallery.