Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 12:54 PM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
Adrr556
Explorer
Options
How did that work for you?

My idle drain overnight is a bit better but walking around outside it's still pretty poor. 4 hours SOT to 10%
0 Likes
Mezzz
Pathfinder
Options
It has helped a little but still losing a lot of battery
0 Likes
SergS
Student
Options

Tried updating google services but they remained the same february version

0 Likes
SergS
Student
Options

My almost 6 years old galaxy note 8 drains battery with the same speed as a new ultra s22 - what on earth is that?

I've only 40% percents left of a battery life used during the day from 7 am to 3 pm

Adrr556
Explorer
Options
Same, it's a little better but it's still really bad. I am a little closer in trying to work out what it is.

Basically, if I sit at home the phone loses about 10% for an hours SoT which is really good and the drain is slow and steady. However, when I am outside and moving in any way or on the train, the battery drain becomes terrible again.
johnoconnor
Apprentice
Options

I got my S22+ delivered yesterday having had the S8 since 2017. I am massively disappointed with the battery drain and also the general performance. It won't open my banking app. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and made no difference. My S8 right now just feels so superior to the S22+. I can get a refund within 14 days and I see no reason why I should pay €1k+ for a phone that feels less effective than my 5 year old S8

Adrr556
Explorer
Options
So to add further mystery to this, was using the phone today and at 6% battery it just turned off and wouldn't turn back on. When I plugged it back in it said 0%. It's been two weeks and a device this new shouldn't be 6% out if calibration already. I did two 0-100% after the initial set up exactly for this reason. So I'm thinking there's a chance it's faulty.

Samsung is going to send a replacement but I had to argue really hard as they initially wanted me to send this in and wait for a replacement which is obviously impossible as you're left phone-less. They're going to send a courier and have it swapped on my door step. Compared to Google Pixel's support that is really poor as it's not really realistic to send a phone in without having first secured a replacement.
Daniel176
Apprentice
Options

im also having the same issues battery keeps draining too quick no soon as i unplug it i have to use a power bank all the time then ill totally loose singnal keeps cutting out i also get were the phone will totally freeze up and the screen will flash green 

Killerheels
Apprentice
Options

Does the camera for example drain battery life if it detects movement? Something is activating the battery drain when you're moving about and read somewhere it was the camera........alternatively it could be GPS?

0 Likes
Rodgert
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the standard s22 model. It drains really fast, 35% in 90 minutes of scrolling on Instagram. My old galaxy s7 is better!

I am thinking about returning this phone since it's unusable to me, but I am so annoyed since I already bought accessories for 50 usd for it!

Wish I knew this about the battery performance before I ordered it, now I have to go through the long process of returning it 

0 Likes