Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Wireless charging not working on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 10:55 PM)
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options

Hi Samsung, 

Received Exynos 2200 S22 Ultra 512 GB variant not long ago. The #Fast Wireless Charging# on it is not working. I am using a 15W fast wireless charger that works with other Samsung and Huawei smartphones.

It shows #Fast Wireless Charging# for a second and then reverts back to normal wireless charging. I have been in touch with a Samsung expert through online chat and I was asked to clear the cache from the recovery menu, which did not make a difference. Then I was asked to back up my data and reset the phone to factory settings. Unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. 

Since the phone came out, there are two updates sent over the air but they did not address this issue. The representative told me if resetting the phone does not solve the issue then I would require repair/replacement.

I am leaving a post here as in my little understanding, I believe it is a software issue and a software patch should resolve it. Just to mention, Fast and Superfast cable charging works just fine.

Is anyone having the same issue?

24 REPLIES 24
Alex W
Apprentice
Options

Seems to be hit and miss as it just fast wireless charged from 74% to 97% in under 25 minutes with no issues. Meticulous placement on the charging stand perhaps, but this was with the case on!  Can only conclude that this is a software bug causing the issue.

tony6777
Apprentice
Options

Having to meticulously place the phone is simply not worth it.  Should be able to just plop it on there and voila, no micro adjusting required. I would end up with a low-charged phone on a day I can't afford to be low on power. Samsung needs to resolve these inconsistencies or having wireless charging capabilities is useless, they should stop advertising it as functionality and reduce their price on the device to compensate. 

HikaruYamato
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, when I put the s22ultra on the 15W wireless charger, it appears this device does not compatible with the fast charger and will switch to normal wireless charges. I try another 10W wireless charger, same message appeared and switched to normal wireless chargers. Both 15W and 10W wireless chargers worked well on my S20Ultra and S21Ultra and showing fast charging previously. Hope Samsung can fix this issue ASAP

0 Likes
Alex W
Apprentice
Options

Well I solved the issue buy buying a new wireless charger, Samsung's new Super Fast Wireless Charger Duo to be exact.  Not really a solution as we shouldn't have to purchase proprietary products to use our devices to their full potential otherwise we start heading towards the Apple cart!  Still, I can confirm that fast wireless charging does indeed work as intended with the correct (compatible) charging pad, and I guess the advantage is having the rated power brick and cable in the box as well as using the pad to charge the watch and buds too.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

This wireless charger is not the prettiest but it can charge a phone, buds and watch simultaneously. It can do fast wireless charging on the S22 Ultra.

leChivée Wireless Charger, 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station 15W  

0 Likes
NewForceX
First Poster
Options

I have S22 Ultra Snapdragon variant,  same problem showing. To my curiosity I've tried below trouble-shooting to find out what actually the phone prompting. 

1. Using a 3rd party auto sense clamping 15w fast wireless charging phone holder with below chargers, 

Charger1 15w 3rd party fast charger, S22U prompted fast wireless not compatible, charging speed slow cause battery draining in very slow speed like 10mins 1% dropped while screen is on. If screen off able to charge up 1% battery at 3mins, which mean 1hr 20%, 0-100% need 5hrs.

Charger2 3rd party normal 1.5A charger, no fast wireless not compatible prompt, but charging like Charger 1.

Charfer3, Baseus 45W fast charger with AFC, QC2/3/4 PD2  compliance, sane fast wireless charging not compatible, but charge worst then above charger type c to type c connection wireless charging phone holder around 9v 0.34A  3w speed, OMG.

Charger3 Samsung original AC outlet AFC charger from S9+, same fast wireless charging not compatible prompted, but this time it able to charge up battery while screen on around 25% brightness level at 2% every 6 mins.  Screen off will charge more faster compared to charger 1 and 2.

Charger4, Samsung original 2 ports AFC 9V at 1.67A car charger. Same fast wireless charging not compatible prompted, charge like Charger 3 able to charge up battery while screen on around 25% brightness level but at 1% every 5 mins.  Screen off will charge faster too compared to charger 1 and 2, but slower then Charger3.

I've spoken to a few 3rd party fast 15w wireless charging mfg and sellers, the conclusion was, the fast wireless charging not compatible prompt will only go away if uses Samsung original wireless phone holder. Other than that, this not compatible prompt will haunt you. 😂

After all the tests and discussions, my conclusion,  Samsung want us to buy their original fast wireless charging phone holder. Unless Samsung remove phone software auto detection set limit, our phone will keep prompt fast wireless charging not compatible message whenever uses 3rd party wireless charging phone holder. The End! 😂 

0 Likes
tony6777
Apprentice
Options

I had arrived at the same conclusion.  It's basically all about the Benjamin's $$... Samsung could really care less what us customers want anymore.  It's obvious in their many decisions (ie. Removal of Stereo Port, Expandable Storage, etc)... It merely continues in the SAGA of the wireless charging debacle.  There should be a class action suit brought against them honestly for this one.  False advertising. 

S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
Third party, had S9 plus, which was fast charging wirelessly. Thought it would do for S22 ultra as well but sadly it's not the case.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The charging is all a bit of a mess, I am lucky and have all Samsung charging kit but it's a bit*h for people who dont
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
Thank you for doing all the troubleshooting, of this is Samsung's intention then it's really cheeky and low level business mentality. We have already spent a lot of money to buy these phones, why force and restrict is to buy their accessories. Unfortunately, such tactics will affect their customer loyalty in adverse ways. Samsung this is not a way to do business, you've to play fair or you'll lose at some point.