Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 11:55 PM)
BS6767
First Poster
Options

Hi guys --Just received my new S22 5g, Factory Unlocked, and know virtually nothing about it yet. How does one tell if it even HAS an eSIM built in? If it does have an eSIM, do I even HAVE, to utilize it? If I'm able to, I plan on just pulling the physical nano sim from my current straight talk phone/service, and utilizing that alone, in my new Samsung. It does however, have the dual SIM tray, fyi--- Guess I should have led with that info there lol - Thanks guys -- Brad

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BS6767 

You do not have to use the esim option if you don't won't to.

Your phone will happily work with a physical nano sim card.

Go into Settings, Connections, Sim Manager, and it'll show you Sim 1 and Sim 2 [ applicable to dual sim models i.e takes two physical sim cards ] , along with esim information underneath.

Not all networks offer the option of providing the use of an esim. Check with your network. 

Congratulations on your purchase  👏 

I'm sure you'll be delighted with your choice.

We're a friendly bunch here so if you need any help or advice on using your phone then don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BS6767 

You do not have to use the esim option if you don't won't to.

Your phone will happily work with a physical nano sim card.

Go into Settings, Connections, Sim Manager, and it'll show you Sim 1 and Sim 2 [ applicable to dual sim models i.e takes two physical sim cards ] , along with esim information underneath.

Not all networks offer the option of providing the use of an esim. Check with your network. 

Congratulations on your purchase  👏 

I'm sure you'll be delighted with your choice.

We're a friendly bunch here so if you need any help or advice on using your phone then don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "