Did you mean: 

E-sim installation problems

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 09:57 AM)
gamessty
Apprentice
Options

Model Name: SM-908B/DS

Product name: Galaxy S22 Ultra

Today I bought an esim through an app (a very reputable service ). The app attempted to install the esim itself; I clicked allow when prompted to grant permission, but then the application said that it had failed the installation and I should try manually. I received the QR code, but when I went to the SIM manager in the settings, it gave an error saying, "Wait for your eSIM to finish being set up before using the SIM manager.". I now cannot access the SIM manager. I have tried the following things:

• Rebooting the phone
  • Shutting it down ( and waiting a few minutes )
  • Clearing the cache for the settings app, Phone app, the mobile network's app
  • I tried installing an update, but there is none
  • I reset the network settings
  • I wiped the cache partition

The mistake might be on my side, I already have a physical sim and a previous active eSIM installed. It has already been ~9 hours since the installation. I am running out of options and I would really love it if I don't have to reset my phone to factory settings.

Please help me!

18 REPLIES 18
Oslo55
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. S22 with latest updates installed. Physical sim1, esim2 for cheap data abroad. Still cannot access sim manager (wait until esim configuration is finished). I really hope I don't have to spend my time on a factory reset.... Samsung, please help.
0 Likes
Abror
First Poster
Options

Hi all the same problem here, I think it is the bug in android 13

0 Likes
Wezz02
First Poster
Options

Hello all, I managed to solve the problem from within the esim app on my phone, hopefully works for you too.

Went into the esim app, status page, switch to "esim app network", which sends you to a different sim setting page on your phone. From there 1st line said use sim, which I unticked, and it then gave me option to delete sim which I did.

Wait a few mins, and problem solved. Sim manager became accessible again.

0 Likes
Awacip
First Poster
Options

Hei . Do you solve.your problem???. I have same problem 😞

0 Likes
KajaSL
Student
Options

I had to factory reset my phone as well. Nothing else helped, but at least this painful reset was worth it and now the phone functions the way it should. I wonder what caused the problem in the first place. I am blaming the sketchy provided of the eSIM I was trying to install in the first place, but is it a Samsung glitch?

Thankfully, I still had my old phone handy, so I could relatively easily restore everything through Smart Switch, but restoring all app data is a pain. 

0 Likes
Mikel86
First Poster
Options

Okay i found the sulotion guys. 

I had the same issue when I tried using Yesim and did the quick installation and than this happ3ned tried everythinf suggested here nothing worked.

What i did is i just went and downloaded the airalo app and directly installed an expired esim i used to have so the phone can exit from the previous one and than just deleted the airalo esim from my phone and was able ti acces sim manager again hope it helps.

Screenshot_20230121_042622_Settings Suggestions.jpg

lowjdn
First Poster
Options
This worked for me, not through airalo since I couldn't find any option to directly install the sim, but through another esim provider. Even though it failed again the second time, I tried a third time and interrupted the process by cancelling (clicking the x) before it failed. Now I can access my esim settings again
0 Likes
Members_XePC0l7
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem can you let me know what provider you used 

0 Likes
Coll1
First Poster
Options

Thank you all for your previous responses. 

I was so stressed when I was unable to access my esim settings on my phone and could not turn on my physical SIM card either.

However I found a solution - even though I could not access my esim settings, I managed to search for esim on the settings search page, and on there there is an option to delete all the eSims. thankfully that worked and my phone is now back to normal.

I hope this works for all of you too!