Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only add Samsung Pay card to Samsung pay

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 08:21 PM)
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options

I just got an S22 Ultra and migrated everything from my S10+ to it.

Now that I am trying to add my bank card, it doesn't give me the option to add a card, I can only link my bank account with a Samsung Pay card.

I'd rather just add my bank card than go through setting it up

15 REPLIES 15
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
I phoned support to change my region from Germany to the UK and that was sorted in about a day but even with that I still cant add it. I need to phone when I have some time to get some more help
0 Likes
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
Hopefully everyone who had the same issue can see this.
I have had a lengthy conversation with Samsung Support and I can confirm that the issue is that my phone was made for the German market and not the UK market.
This is the support's response after analysing the logs:
"
After we analysed the log files, we identified your device being manufactured for the Germany market, this being the reason why you cannot add your HSBC card in Samsung Pay.

You will only be able to use Samsung Pay if your device uses a software version specifically designed for the UK. The reason for this restriction is that the Samsung Pay application works in different ways depending on the country (different features, different compatible banks, devices and different promotions).

If your device was made for a different country, the software version cannot be changed to match a UK device.
"

At the moment it looks like my only option is to add a Samsung Pay card to the account in order to use the feature
0 Likes
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
I spoke to my phone provider and they said that I cannot exchange the phone as I only have 14 days after the initial purchase to do so.
I also tried to sign up for the Samsung Pay card but everything is in German so I don't really understand the T's&C's
0 Likes
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
Just updated the post with what Samsung TAC said. Just incase you still have the issue
0 Likes
Members_FIjBjfc
First Poster
Options

Samsung pay now accepts Monzo card in the UK 🙃🙂🙃🙂 I just added mine after receiving a notification from Samsung wallet few days ago to say now I can add my monzo card 

0 Likes