Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only add Samsung Pay card to Samsung pay

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 08:21 PM)
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options

I just got an S22 Ultra and migrated everything from my S10+ to it.

Now that I am trying to add my bank card, it doesn't give me the option to add a card, I can only link my bank account with a Samsung Pay card.

I'd rather just add my bank card than go through setting it up

15 REPLIES 15
Haithm
Journeyman
Options

Sometimes your card may not be added. All you have to do is open Samsung Pay, then search for adding a card, then choose the type of card you have, and if it is not there, try to add it manually or contact your bank to find out more 

0 Likes
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
I don't seem to get that option.
This is how it looks and all I can add is a loyalty cardScreenshot_20220305-203911_Samsung Pay.jpg
0 Likes
JCarrington
Pioneer
Options
When I tried adding my Monzo bank card to Samsung Pay(on the same device), it said it wasn't supported. It then however gave me the free option to join Samsung Pay+ via Curve, which you can add multiple cards to one virtual card. You also get a physical card as well.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you not get the option of adding a card when you click on the three lines at the top left of your screen.Screenshot_20220305-211610_Samsung Pay.jpg
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
Nah, you can see how ours differ. I only have Samsung Pay Card where you have Payment CardsScreenshot_20220305-212118_Samsung Pay.jpg
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You could try removing the samsung pay card, uninstall samsung pay then reinstall it.
OnlyFabs
Journeyman
Options
I haven't added the card but I've tried installing and unistalling.
The only thing I can think of is contacting support
Members_TKp8neh
First Poster
Options

Same here. I am surprised this topic did not get more discussion. Not sure why the only option available is adding this Samsung Pay card from the German bank Solaris. I was looking at the other similar thread as well but his CSC is DBT so that's different from my case I think. My CSC is just OXM_EUX. After today's OS update, the same problem is still existing. Quite frustrating I must say. Could we get some help or update on what is going on and when can we get this sorted? @AntS @BandOfBrothers @JAMES4578 Thank you so much!

Members_QeXzYQa
Student
Options

I have the exact same issue. The option to add my own cards isn't there. I contacted Samsung about this probably about 4 times now, gone through all of the process and they never get back to me... 

I have even gone through my service provider to swap the phone for a new one and the issue is still there. Not really sure what to do now as nobody wants to deal with the issue it seems.

My hunch is that it is an issue related to your phone thinking it is in another region like Germany where they don't have the ability to add their own cards.

I also think that it might be a service provider issue as I've seen some people say that they had this issue for a few days on launch and then their service provider changed it. Honestly not sure but nobody seems to have any idea how to fix it 😞