Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth app S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:57 PM)
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Any idea where or how I find the Bluetootg app on my S22 Ultra?
I want to clear the cache but unable to locate the app in ghe usual places
Help please
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @emeles. Absolutely. You can locate this by clicking on Settings > Apps > tap the 3 lines at the top of the list (next to the Your apps heading) > toggle Show System Apps on > press OK.

You will now see all of your apps (some of which will have previously been hidden from this menu) and can clear the cache for the Bluetooth app.

0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks, just found it moments before your reply.
However cache and data are both greyed out and unable to clear 🤬
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options
0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
I'll see I'm the morning
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Didn't work, open3d in safe mode and still cache and data greyed out!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for checking. Are you having any issues with Bluetooth on your phone, @emeles? If so, we can look at other steps to resolve these.

0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Apart for the stuttering issue since update to UI5 the reason for trying to clear cache is EE suggested this to try and solve an issue where my mobile connects to car via Bluetooth and has been randomly calling phantom number fairly regularly. Only way to stop call is to disconnect BT and reconnect except sometimes it starts the phantom redial almost immediately on reconnection. EE says no call is registered l, mobile is up to date, car mobile software is up to date and I need to be able to connect via BT to get data connection via tethering to enable navigation to recieve traffic data.
EE after suggesting resetting network connections (made no difference) suggested clear cache - which as you cam see isn't possible!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I certainly appreciate why you'd be eager to get this resolved, @emeles. While I appreciate it may not seem an enticing option, have you tried resetting the network settings on your S22 Ultra?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-reset-network-settings-on-the-galaxy-s21/

While the steps provided in the aforementioned link refer to the S21, they will also work for the S22 series.

If this does not prevent this unusual behaviour on your S22 Ultra, a Factory reset is likely to ensure that you get this resolved:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Network resetting done as first attempt to fix and made no difference.
Very reluctant to factory reset when faced with the process of setting up so many apps on mobile plus all other setting 😯
0 Likes