Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issue since Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 04:20 PM)
TheKelbs
Explorer
Options
Since my S22+ updated to Android 13 my phone will no longer let me make calls on my car handsfree. I known its the phone as other Samsung model work fine with the kit. Anyone else had this issue and found a fix?
71 REPLIES 71
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TheKelbs hello, check this: go to Settings/Applications and activate Show system applications. Click on the area marked in the screenshot and activate Show system applications, accept. Search for the Bluetooth app and in Permissions verify that you have granted Nearby devices permission. Restart the phone. If the problem persists, clear the cache and data of the Bluetooth app and check again. Greetings.

apps eng..jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
TheKelbs
Explorer
Options
Hi, tried that. I am unable to clear the cache as the option is greyed out.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TheKelbs Maybe, Force stop the Bluetooth app and restart.
Another steps would be Reset Accessibility settings, from General Administration and Reset network settings? Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
TheKelbs
Explorer
Options
No option to Force atop the Bluetooth app. Thanks.
Arnold_S
First Poster
Options

I had too many issues, a factory reset didn't fix it. I went back tot Android 12.

0 Likes
TheKelbs
Explorer
Options
The network reset would appear to have resolved it for now. Although a bit of a pain as all connections have to be recreated.
Wildcat55
Student
Options

I have a S22 Ultra with Android 13. Was experience intermittent disconnects to bluetooth devices which started my investigation. I think there is a Software issue becuase it is impacting many makes of phone (see Reddit thread). Common thread is bluetooth issues, options to clear data or clear cache for bluetooth app are greyed out and the cache is at exactly 14.34 kB. This is more than an annoyance for me because my car uses my phone as the key so I can get stranded if it won't connect to the car.

https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/v8jo4f/bluetooth_clear_cache_is_grayed_out_huawei_wat...

Wildcat55
Student
Options

I did this as well but the options to clear the cache on the bluetooth app are still greyed out. So far so good on staying connected.

Real pain though because reconnecting to my samsung watch required me to do a factory reset and reload everything! That's an hour of my life I will never get back.

Dadds62
Journeyman
Options
How did you go back to Androud 12, lots of us are having issues with android 13, so it might be a cure-all if it's easy!
Thanks fir any help!