Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Internet app not working properly since last system update - S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 09:25 AM)
Dave408
Apprentice
Options

Have been a happy user of Samsung phones for many years…and have been loving my S21 Ultra over the last year.  Now facing my first ever issue.  The Samsung Internet app has been a bit sluggish over the last couple of weeks….access to the BBC sand Empire Film sites quite slow.  After yesterday’s system update, it’s now pretty unusable…taking 30 seconds or more to access anything.  Have done the data and cache clearing thing but no better.  Now resorting to using Chrome.  Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nico1986
Journeyman
Options

@Dave408 wrote:

Have been a happy user of Samsung phones for many years…and have been loving my S21 Ultra over the last year.  Now facing my first ever issue.  The Samsung Internet app has been a bit sluggish over the last couple of weeks….access to the BBC sand Empire Film sites quite slow.  After yesterday’s system update, it’s now pretty unusable…taking 30 seconds or more to access anything.  Have done the data and cache clearing thing but no better.  Now resorting to using Chrome.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Go on Internet settings, 'browsing privacy dashboard' and set smart anti tracking to 'never' . The websites return to normal speed again until Samsung resolve the issue. 

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23
Ric54
First Poster
Options
Same here. Moved to Google chrome. Samsung health stopped counting steps at the same time
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I find your comments interesting @Dave408 as since my last but one software update I have found that the loading of my BBC news and BBC weather sites on Samsung internet is slow and laggy to the point that they are practically unusable. All my other non BBC sites load fine thankfully. Both these sites load blazingly fast on Google Chrome however so there is a problem with Samsung internet at the moment for some sites. 👍
Dave408
Apprentice
Options
I sent Samsung an error report. Personally, I think all the new anti-tracking/security stuff has rendered my internet app unusable.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I did not have an issue previously but it  Samsung Internet increasingly laggy on BBC sites today, did not seem to be an issue with content elsewhere.  I have cleared cache/data,reinstalled apps, wiped the cache partition and repaired apps from the  Recovery Menu. However seems to be little difference, I have also forwarded an error report.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ian63
Student
Options

I'm on a Galaxy A50 and my Samsung browser has been unusable on BBC Web pages for the last couple of days. Seems OK on other sites and Chrome is fine on BBC sites. Tried clearing cache,and data and reinstalling app etc. but to no avail. Something has gone amiss.

Members_JwyhlYo
First Poster
Options

Also finding Samsung browser slow on S21 ultra, especially as mentioned the BBC news website. Not taking 30 seconds but a noticeable delay of 5secs or so. I cleared browser cache to try and speed it up but no avail.

SK09
Apprentice
Options

Glad it's not only me who's seeing this issue. BBC site is sluggish especially when you navigate to most read section of the site. 

Chrome works fine but I'm used to Samsung Internet UI.

Also I'm on the S22 Ultra.

Samsung please fix.

Members_Kp1Go6l
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on a note10+ and also on my tab s6.

Needs fixed.

Now using Firefox with no issues.

BBC and other sights non responsive. Getting this website has stopped responding occasionally as well. 

Done everything but wipe device which won't happen.

BillA1
Student
Options

I am using Tab A and having same issues on BBC.co.uk site for a couple of weeks now. It is mainly on Sport pages. Pages delay ages loading then freeze. No problems using Chrome and no issues with other sites using Samsung browser. Loved Samsung browser for years so hope a fix happens soon or it's reluctantly Chrome for me.