Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s21 FE - auto delete space after the word when typing colon to make emoji like :D

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 06:09 PM)
Piotr Tumski
First Poster
Options

So generally I write like here and make :D, but it looks like "make:D".

The space before :face-with-tears-of-joy: is auto-removed so the emoji doesn't change to emoji but stays in text :D.

Why is so, and how to change it?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Piotr Tumski: If you're adding emojis using characters, as per the above, then there must be a space before and after the characters, as otherwise the system will not be able to interpret the characters properly. To avoid any issues moving forward, why not use the dedicated emoji button in the toolbar above the text entry field. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Piotr Tumski
First Poster
Options

Thanks AndrewL for your insight. The problem is that I do add space after a word and when I enter a colon to start making emoji, like :face-with-tears-of-joy: the space just disappears (its replaced by colon) and I have to delete the colon and add the space again. Then it stays. Why it's so? Why the space is auto-deleted?

btw typing :face-with-tears-of-joy: is much faster than choosing emoji visually.

0 Likes