Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra heating & camera issues - WHERE IS SAMSUNG'S RESPONSE??

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 09:57 PM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've already posted earlier regrading the extreme overheating I'm experiencing with my S21 Ultra, and also commented as to how the camera lags and stutters (Esp. in portrait & 108mp modes).

I can, maybe, accept a new product not being fully optimized although I suspect this is a hardware issue.

What I cannot accept is Samsung *not replying or addressing* any of the posts here.
SAMSUNG - people paid significant amount of their hard-earned money to have a flagship product. 
We expect to see flagship customer service and communication.

Thank you.

35 REPLIES 35
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
it's early days. software update needed that's all
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Well one update has already been rolled out and it fixed nothing (at least for me). Second, not all users report overheating and camera issues leading me to assume this is not a software issue. And lastly, you do not roll-out a $1400 flagship phone without the most stringent QA possible and after you've made sure all customers get an excellent product. It is simply shameful.

Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
I've had 2 software updates so far in UK, second one stated camera and system improvements. I've not had any issues with this phone at all
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
I have the same issue, tomorrow I will ask for a replacement!
Chedda1701
Journeyman
Options

Mine says its up to date software wise but it hasn't downloaded anything since I got it on the 29th. Still overheats and drains battery hard. Watched sky go for 37 minutes in fhd and it drained 7.7% of the battery

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I've had this phone 5 days and not happy it gets so hot in normal google search use no games and watching videos and I mean hot hot ( fry an egg hot ) hot warning message and can't charge , apps close down I've decided to send back only had 5 days ..got to decided get a replacement or refund and go back to my samsung S10 5g that never had a problem from the start so disappointed with samsung , now I could of been unlucky but seen lots of people on other sites saying same thing don't ask about camera etc 10 mins use and gets even hotter
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
Ksn
Explorer
Options

They just don't care. They are trying to fix it through an update. Hardware errors can be reduced not eliminated. OnePlus 8 pro also had red tint and display hardware problems. They actually tweaked display settings to such an extent we won't notice. It wasn't fixed it was hidden. But heating is altogether another issue. Even in safemode it heats to such an extent that I can't even hold it. Samsung has not yet responded to any of our queries yet. Why did they ship untested defective units in the first place???

Ksn
Explorer
Options

Even in safemode it heats to a whole another level. Uncomfortable to hold it. Software updates won't fix defective hardware issues.