Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 09:02 PM)
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hi All

Just asking has anyone manage to sort out the RCS yet? I've tried everything and still can't change SMS to Chat.
27 REPLIES 27
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi same here no joy in sorting it out yet, I've contacted Google & Samsung & their both are blaming each other.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
lol its the blame game.. yeah I've tried everything and no joy but what i have noticed that when you goto your Google account personal info and scroll down to your number select it and i have noticed that it says number verified but then just under that it says Auto verification for this device is pending.. been like this for weeks.. wondering if that has something to do with rcs not working properly..
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Both Samsung and Google Message RCS are and always have done, working fine on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, SM-G988B, on the U.K. network for EE.

Screenshot of Google Message RCS

RCS _MessagesXXX.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
That's strange as I'm with EE too, so I'm baffled, I've been trying for a week now.
Is your SMSC number the same as mine? 07958879879
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
can i ask if you go to your Google account then personal info then click on your mobile number when it opens up what does it show under your number thats verified
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try the following...

Either, install Google Message from the Play Store, or

Go to...  Settings > Apps > Messages (Google Message) > Storage > Wipe cache and Clear data

Reboot

Open Google Message > set as default and then open Menu (3 dots top right) > Settings > General > Chat features...

When it asks for you to verify your number, delete your telephone number f it is displayed and re-enter it manually.

Hopefully, your number should be verified in around a minute or less. 

Verify your number

RCS 3_Messages.png

Delete number and re-enter it without lead "0"

RCS 5_Messages.png

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
hi thanks for that just tried that but it's stuck on verifying..
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

RCS working on Google Message on the EE network, to a puzzled friend. 

RCS GOOGLE 2_Messages.png

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

In the time it took me to post my 2nd reply, I wiped my cache and data on Google Message and re-verified and sent some messages to a very confused neighbour. IIRC, it may have taken a bit longer to Verify, the first time I set this phone up. The key element it would seem, is to delete your own number if it is offered in Verify and to reselect your country code and re-enter your number minus the lead zero.