Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 5G

(Topic created on: 14-09-2023 06:55 PM)
Blondie63
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20230914_185706_Chrome.jpgHi

I have recently had a small pop up on the screen of my phone of a game tab that has a banner saying "Running in chrome". I've tried everywhere to find how to stop this but i cannot follow suggestions as i don't have an "advanced" section in settings to toggle off the stop running in the background. I thought it might have been because i was synched with my Samsung Chromebook but no! 

Its so annoying!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

18 REPLIES 18
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
Hi. I've switched between default browsers. I've turned phone off then on & that seems to be when the pop ups appear. After I switch on & look at app within seconds it appears again.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I'm confident that you'll get to the root of what's causing the pop-ups. Which mobile browsers are you using, @Blondie63, and have you cleared the cache on these browsers?

0 Likes
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
I'm using chrome only & yes cleared cache from that & all apps. I hope I fathom it out or it stops like it started. I've got my phone linked to my chromebook so next is to go through that but its relatively new so should not be as bad 🤞 hopefully. Thanks for your patience & help so far.
0 Likes
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
Hi just to carry on from what's been happening on my phone. Does anyone have any idea what ghis symbol means in search bar in chrome? I think my phone is totally hacked as I'm getting Samsung health opening when I try to open a downloaded document, plus it says I do not have the right app to open documents. Screenshot_20230922_100012_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
This is what I see Screenshot_20230922_100918_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Blondie63: I have looked into this for you, and Google have replaced the padlock icon in Chrome with a variant on the 'tune icon'. The explanation below is from the Google support page, but please feel free to Google 'Google Chrome tune icon'. 

We plan to replace the lock icon with a variant of the tune icon, which is commonly used to indicate controls and settings. Replacing the lock icon with a neutral indicator prevents the misunderstanding that the lock icon is associated with the trustworthiness of a page, and emphasizes that security should be the default state in Chrome. Our research has also shown that many users never understood that clicking the lock icon showed important information and controls. We think the new icon helps make permission controls and additional security information more accessible, while avoiding the misunderstandings that plague the lock icon.

Blondie63
Explorer
Options
Thank you. That's one thing cleared up.
0 Likes
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
I'm using chrome browser & yes clear cach & data regularly.
0 Likes
Blondie63
Explorer
Options
I've switched between Samsung internet & it doesn't make a jot of differencence.
0 Likes