Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P SYMBOL ON START UP

(Topic created on: 07-06-2019 06:43 PM)
Flyguyl
Explorer
Options

Anyone know what the "P" Symbol is that shows on start up is Galaxy S10 Plus
it goes away after a few seconds, here it is top left near the email notification Screenshot_20190607-182418_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Flyguyl: Not sure about that one. If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to bring up your notification panel, is there a notification present that isn't from S Health, Messages or Gallery?

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Flyguyl: Not sure about that one. If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to bring up your notification panel, is there a notification present that isn't from S Health, Messages or Gallery?
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
@AndrewL and @Flyguyl ,
That's not an issue..
The phone is just booting up the system completely.
I don't know if it is the same with the UK model of the phone but in Germany it loads a few seconds after first unlocking and then the P symbol comes to the status bar.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
Flyguyl
Explorer
Options
Yes, says Phone restarted, must be that
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Think it's only a P because the software version is pie , so p for pie.
And yeah it's just when the phone starts up from the powered off status
SithLord
Voyager
Options

It means pie.

Android pie is starting up and checking for updates.

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Why is everyone writing the same 3 times 😂

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options
It's the phone telling you it restarted...... Not sure why this is done, but apparently it has been coded in for several models now. This is my first Samsung since the S5. It was annoying me to no end, with the symbol and setting off my notification tone when I restarted the phone... Like I didn't know I restarted the phone in the first place.

Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off.

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@doesitmatter wrote:
It's the phone telling you it restarted...... Not sure why this is done, but apparently it has been coded in for several models now. This is my first Samsung since the S5. It was annoying me to no end, with the symbol and setting off my notification tone when I restarted the phone... Like I didn't know I restarted the phone in the first place.

Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off.

Thank you.

0 Likes
67GTV
Student
Options

I believe the P notification is not only telling you the phone rebooted, but that you have to unlock the device to complete the bootup process.  My S10e will not accept a fingerprint for the first unlock, so I could not capture a screen shot. After unlocking the device the cell carrier and weather widget finish loading.

0 Likes