Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical green line on my screen

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 09:51 PM)
Manila1206
First Poster
Options
Out of nowhere, my Note 20 Ultra got a vertical green line in the middle of the screen. What is the solution? Can I use my phone for trade in?
21 REPLIES 21
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you go into the phone dialer app
Dial *#0*#
You get three colour test cards at the top
If the line disappears in these tests
Then you will have an app or theme that's causing the screen issue
If the line is still there in the test cards. Its likely you need to book the phone in for a repair
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Manila1206 

Unfortunately Samsung may not accept your phone for a Trade In due to it's current status with the green line. 

Check the Trade In faqs. 

The green line on my phone came about due to a faulty connection between the phone's display and motherboard. 

This can only be fixed by a replacement display and ribbon. 

Seel support from your most local Samsung Service Centre or call Samsung to arrange to ship the phone to them.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kashiet
Student
Options

Same issue with my note 20 ultra 5g. I was making video and the phone became very hot and suddenly the green vertical line appeared on the screen and can't be erased. 

Kashiet
Student
Options

I won't be using Samsung for a long time. My experience with note 20 ultra 5g is very bad. The phone battery do not last and it's not adaptable with basic phone accessories like power banks and power cords. I'll like to try the iPhone. 

mangeshtandel
First Poster
Options

i had note 2 working for just 2 1/2 years and suddenly it turned off, this is the problem with samsung.  now my samsung m52 did had vertical green line from nowhere while using it.   what is this issue? Samsung will never solve it and always ask to replace. i have iphone 7 with so many scratches and falls and still working fine without hassle.

PC Saha
Student
Options

Hi Friend,

I'm using Note 20 Ultra. Yesterday while using it, suddenly a green line came on the mobile screen. However, there is no accidental record of my phone. A few days back I updated my mobile's software.  Once I contacted the Samsung Call centre in Bangladesh, They advised me to visit Samsung Customer Care. I visited. The customer manager advised me to change the display. And the cost is around 40,000 BDT (400 USD). This is not my problem. This is Samsung-created problem. So, why do I pay for this?? I think we customers should boldly complain to Samsung to take care of this issue otherwise we should stop using Samsung flagship mobile. Please advice your opinions. Thansk 

Note 20 ultra 5g sg
First Poster
Options

Is it fixed? 

0 Likes
PC Saha
Student
Options

No. I visited customer care,  but the asked me $ 400 USD to resolve this proble. So. I decided that I'll not use Samsung Mobile any more. 

0 Likes
Ubanedea
First Poster
Options

Did it spread because the same thing just happened to my note 20 ultra and was there any fix you found

0 Likes