Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while playing music or using whatsapp it suddenly stops

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 11:58 PM)
rewind
Student
Options
I have recently acquired a samsung A40. I haven't had it long so I haven't had a chance to really test it. The problem is when I am playing music for some reason it always stops 3/4 of the way through the track. Today I was chatting on whatsapp using loud speaker and every 5-6 minutes the screen saver came  on and the sound cut out, when I swiped the screen the sound returned.  
I realise the music app could be causing the problem but when my call today started cutting off as well. I have tried factory resetting but nothing. Can anyone advise me..many thanks
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Toralf-
Journeyman
Options

Hi

My suggestion is go to -> settings -> sound and vibrations -> seperate app sound

If you have that option that is, you will be able to choose what app sounds goes to the Bluetooth Device.

Also YouTube stops the audio when the phone goes to standby. (Premium YouTube can continue while the phone is in standby)

Also Also the app may override the audio playback when other audio apps is in use etc.

0 Likes
rewind
Student
Options
Thank you Toralf for your great advice and for taking the time and trouble to answer. I'm pretty sure I can get this dealt with now.
-Toralf-
Journeyman
Options

No proplemo!

Just another tip if you have a video playing with the standard video app player, there is a setting option to be able to play the "video" while the phone is in standby.

0 Likes