Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling missing on Galaxy A21S

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 07:51 PM)
mjlw
Apprentice
Options

I have recently bought 2 Galaxy A21S (from different vendors PAYG, 1st week Jan 2021) and  been using them on Vodafone Pay Monthly.  For some reason neither have WiFi calling options (Device Settings -> Connections should have it between 'WiFi' and 'Bluetooth' but it isn't there).  I have been onto Vodafone 3 times in the last 5 days - they have set WiFi Calling  on and reset it a few times but still doesn't appear as an option.  Tried rebooting without SIM card in Airplane mode as other suggested but that didn't work.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@mjlw: Can you try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and check to see if the Wi-Fi Calling option is available to select here? If not, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings, and look for the option here. 

0 Likes
mjlw
Apprentice
Options
not in either place unfortunately.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mjlw 

My advice comes from Vodafone UK.

From Vodafone UK Calling Over Wi-Fi  

“ All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings. ”

And 

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Calling Over Wi-Fi is sim card driven so the setting will only show in your phone if Vodafone allow it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mjlw
Apprentice
Options

One of the two phones was bought direct from Vodafone. This is the one I have been trying to get them to update but they say they have 'drawn an blank'.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Was it bought from a Vodafone UK Highstreet Store @mjlw 

Check it's csc by downloading phoneinfo app from the playstore. It has to be the Vodafone csc code.

If yes and on payg then check it's apn settings to make sure Pay Monthly and not Payg apn settings are on it.

0 Likes
mjlw
Apprentice
Options

Hi. thanks for coming back to me.  PhoneInfo gives me a CSC of VOD.  The mobile APN says 'Pay Monthly Data wap.vodafone.co.uk'.

0 Likes
mjlw
Apprentice
Options

It was bought from the Vodafone web store BTW

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Then it should work @mjlw 

Got to be Vodafone systems.

I help out on the Vodafone UK forum too.

Can you contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll help.

0 Likes