Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb port not working

(Topic created on: 27-05-2022 09:09 AM)
Kurtisñog
First Poster
Options
Has anyone got any tips on how to get your usb port to work properly I when out on my motorcycle and when I got back I plugged my phone in but it not charge and just come up saying this device isn't compatible
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kurtisñog Hello, try resetting the USB port settings. To do this, go to Applications and click on the area marked on the screenshot, activate Show system applications and look for the USB Settings app. In Storage-clear the cache and data and restart the device.
If the problem persists, try another cable.
Tell us if you have solved it. Greetings.

apps eng..jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kurtisñog: Are you using the original USB cable and plug adapter that came packaged with your phone? If so, can you try connecting the device via USB to a home computer to see if you're able to establish a charge in this manner? Also, press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Cable charging, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this return an 'Action required' notification? 

0 Likes
sedny89
Student
Options

I have also problems with the USB C type port. The phone is not charging, no messages appear though. I had this problem with my previous phone too. This problem develops gradually. In the beginning one needs to insert and remove cable and then it works. On the latest stages, one has to insert - remove cable many times to make phone charging. In the end, it just doest charge any longer. I can charge it only wirelessly these days. Different charger and cables dont solve the issue. The problem is in the port. Maybe some oxides are built-in on the contacts of the port.... Any recommendation on how to clean it? And btw, USB micro port was much more reliable back in the days!

0 Likes
sedny89
Student
Options

Never mind! I fixed the issue. There was too much dust in the port. I removed it by thin metallic stick. Now it charges

Traject0ry
First Poster
Options

I spent dozens of hours skimming through the forums and clearing USB -cache, re-installing drivers etc. and then I found my way here. Worked with a needle to clear the bloody socket and suddenly everything works. You are a genius!

0 Likes