Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send MMS picture messages

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 05:05 PM)
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
Had the phone a month or so but only today its come to light I can't send MMS picture messages but I can receive them.  I've tried my Giffgaff sim in another phone and it sent OK so not a sim issue.  I've looked at all settings and nothing jumps out as being obvious as to why there is a problem.  Any pointers or help would be much appreciated.  Many thanks!
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
Sorry my mistake. She doesn't use Internet/wifi and she has no apps at all so WhatsApp which I use all the time isn't an option. At 76 she texts and calls that's it. I've been sending her MMS for years from other devices using giffgaff for the past 6 years no problem at all. It's only since getting the A22 it's been a problem which I only became aware of today when trying to send a screenshot. Just to add my mother 'always' has credit so that won't be the issue plus I've tried sending mms to 3 other people with no joy.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
The name label/title isn't all that important however it could mean you was only sent the calls and internet settings not including mms when you first inserted your sim as it's normally done automatically, when you click the giffgaff.com settings to view the greyed out data some important ones regarding mms are:-
MMSC
MMS PROXY
MMS PORT
APN Type (default,supl,mss)

If any of those are blank or different from giffgaffs recommend setting it won't send.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what your next steps are especially if you cannot get a manual entry to save.

I would recommend adding the settings again and deleting the existing one, turning the phone off for 60 seconds and turning it back on.

>> However I don't want to make matters worse for you in the event it doesn't work.

----
Finally this has never worked for me when trying it in the past or even just now as I tried it for yourself.... but if you send a new message saying :-

settings

(To #) 2020

It may reply with the giffgaff settings attached you simply click it, save it and reboot your device.

Whenever I try it though it simply says we're busy try again later.

Its worth a try though I suppose.

As a last resort you could always reach out to the community over at giffgaff.
https://community.giffgaff.com/t/help-and-support

Sorry I cannot help more, I hope you get it sorted.

All the best!
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the settings are wrong, have gifgaff send you a mms config update
0 Likes
faqirzoy
First Poster
Options
I have s21fe can't send or receive a picture massage .
0 Likes