Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI 3.1 update messed with notifications

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 12:23 PM)
OnePunchJohn
Journeyman
Options
Since the UI 3.1 update my notifications have been  all wrong.
I no longer get sound or vibration on certain apps when I get a notification like YouTube, I did before but now will not make a sound when I get a notification.
When I turn phone to vibrate only my phone used to vibrate when I had notations now nothing.
The update has done something to my notifications. 
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @OnePunchJohn ,

happy to have a look at this with you. However, firstly I will need to know what apps are being affected by that. Does this affect some particular apps or all of them?

0 Likes
OnePunchJohn
Journeyman
Options
hello so far with full sound on YouTube doesn't give me any notifications at all sound or vibrate.
when only on vibrate no apps vibrate at all when I get notifications.
I simply just see the icon at the top
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you checked the in-app settings? Some third-party apps allow you to set their own notifications from the app. 

0 Likes
OnePunchJohn
Journeyman
Options
I am very familiar with android and its settings and I've already checked all settings it could possible be.
these problems started after the update before then it was running perfectly.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @OnePunchJohn , I'm just trying to help you find the root of the issue. What apps are being affected by this? Are the default apps operating correctly? 

0 Likes
OnePunchJohn
Journeyman
Options
with sound mode fully on so far only youtube doesn't give me a notification sound.
with sound on vibrate ALL apps don't vibrate when they should to tell me I have a notification that includes system apps too like messages ect
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I have noticed this to it only seems to be YouTube for me I get my edge lighting notification come through but no sound.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you try your phone in Safe Mode @OnePunchJohn ? Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications. It's designed as a diagnostic tool to help solve issues with connectivity, battery life, apps, and more. To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Once done, monitor the device for two hours to see if the issue persists.

Have you checked this with the YouTube app developers to see if there is something wrong with the app that they will need to sort on the next update @Robbie-35 ?

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
It doesn't really bother me I'm only mentioning it because I seen this post on the members app but I will send them an email and let them know.