Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off System Updates

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 07:41 AM)
Chiseler
Journeyman
Options

Is there any way to avoid all system updates? I like my phone the way it is, stop changing things around. What gives samsung and android the right to disable MY phone until I download and install their software?

25 REPLIES 25
Dontautoinstall
Student
Options

Funny how they just stopped replying to this thread after you made your points.Hard to argue the fact your right in every way.Im so sick of Samsung forcing security and software updates on my phone.Its not their phone anymore and they have no right to force me to update it but thats exactly what they do.This is the last Samsung phone i will ever own

0 Likes
CeeBee1952
Student
Options

Hi. I like my phone exactly as is. At this point I do not want further updates or notifications. How on earth do I STOP these wretched notifications from appearing. I can dismiss/ignore them but they keep coming back. So very annoying. Any ideas?

CeeBee1952
Student
Options

I agree, they are turning into another Microsoft. Always interfering.

AndrewL
Options

@CeeBee1952: If you have downloaded an update, and it is ready to be installed, then you will receive periodic reminders to complete the installation, and an update icon will remain visible in your Status bar at the top of the screen. I strongly recommend that you proceed with available software and security updates when they are made available, however if you do not wish to receive notifications then please complete any updates that are waiting to be installed, then head to Settings > Software update > Auto download over Wi-Fi, and toggle this option off. 

0 Likes
F_uckS_amsung
First Poster
Options

Bro you can't turn off notifications for these software updates. I stopped updating this piece of ***** 31/12/22 with that UI 5 update that you couldn't revert back to the original UI that I payed for and enjoyed better. 

Ever since I have to hit "maybe later" on these updates every single day. Every so often I get frustrated again and go in to turn notifications off but that option is greyed out/locked for software updates. Going back to the old brick when this thing dies

0 Likes
Members_uIpMSx1
First Poster
Options

Security updates can be done without popup messages and the "SD card" bug you intentionally never fix so you force users to reboot their phone.

The problem is all the bloatware you want to install on users phones. I just had my Winamp stop working after a bloated update.

0 Likes