Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock no longer working well

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 03:04 PM)
NeelM
Journeyman
Options

New user here, I've had an A70 for almost a year now. 

With the latest software update (a few weeks ago), the smart lock function is not working as well as it used it. I have Smart Lock set to unlock my phone when I'm at home, or if my Fitbit is nearby. This always worked well and only asked me for my pin number to access security features or when restarting the phone. Now, many times I go to use the phone, it's asking for my pin number way too often.

I double-checked my smat lock settings and they haven't changed.

Is there a new timeout function that's causing this? Smart lock works OK if I lock and unlock right away, but within a few mins, it requires my pin number again.

Any advice? 

Thanks

Neel

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@NeelM: Have you tried removing and re-adding your trusted locations and devices via the Smart Lock settings to see if this helps? Can you also try going to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Location > Make sure this is switched on > Improve Accuracy > Wi-Fi Scanning (On) > Bluetooth Scanning (On). If you're on Android 10, these options can be found in Settings > Location. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
NeelM
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Andrew, yes I tried doing that. Th defualt "Home" location can't be deleted, I'm not sure why. But I added another location, and it shows up as coordinates instead of an address.

I also deleted and re-added my Fitbit.

I checked all those settings too, everything is as should be.

So far so good, but I have to leave it locked for a while to really test it. I'll update here.

NeelM
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: So it's been over a week since I tried these measures, and they made no difference. I still have to enter my pin more often than smart lock lets me in.

Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks

Neel

0 Likes
NeelM
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: I contacted Fitbit support, and they had me replace my Charge 3 device in the Fitbit app - basically remove it and re-add it. There's a new firmware update, but I haven't recevied it yet. In any case, re-adding it made it show up again in Bluetooth devices and in Smart Lock, so hopefully I'm back to normal now.

0 Likes
Boz51
First Poster
Options
lm having the same problem with my A40 which is 8 months old dont understand it worked fine once but now after software update not as consistent
0 Likes
laughingmike
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my A71. Have home and pin drop locations but phone doesn't stay unlocked.

Gilles2021
First Poster
Options

Same problem with phone not staying unlocked when connected to trusted device on A71, smart lock feature is broken.

0 Likes