Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card and SIM removed unsafely error

(Topic created on: 28-05-2021 01:08 PM)
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

I am receiving the following errors on my Samsung Galaxy A40: SD card removed unsafely and/or no SIM card detected.

I did a factory reset and the problem did not appear for a few hours. When I restored the backup the problem reappeared.

How can I fix this issue?

18 REPLIES 18
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

Good idea! I'll do that!

0 Likes
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

The SD card did not generate errors on my other phone. I added a new card to the problematic phone and the error reappeared.  I removed the card and everything seemed to be OK but when I wanted to make a call, even though the network bars were there, I got the message that I have no SIM inserted. So... I'm back to point zero.. Maybe it's better to buy another phone or try sending it to try a repair. 

0 Likes
KDR
Apprentice
Options
I am getting the same issues with my phone
KholaI
Options

Hey @KDR 

Could you let me know what exactly occurs, and which phone you're using? Have you tried any steps to see if they helped the issue regarding the error message?

0 Likes
Spike55
First Poster
Options
I have been getting this message sometime now. Very erratic sometimes on and off through the day sometimes not for a week or more. Also SIM card removed error message. It has become very annoying. I clean the port and cards and it still happens. I once replaced the SD card and it still happened. What can be done apart from throwing my Samsung and buying an alternative? I have the A40 Samsung.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Spike55 ,

that may indicate that there is an issue with the SIM tray so I would suggest having this examined by one of our engineers. Please do contact our Support Team to get this arranged. Find all their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

RossW
Student
Options

Hi, I'm having the same issues on my A40. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
SleepyBullet
First Poster
Options
Same issue on a Samsung a52, have had it in the past and changed SD cards to a recommended Samsung one from Samsung forums, worked for a year, now problem has come back after about 6 months of new SD card. Is this a faulty SIM/SD card tray/reader or is this a software issue?
Note: on occasion, it momentarily knocks out my network saying there is an issue with the SIM tray.
Starting to think a heat issue that has now knackered my card. Screenshot_20230824_145805_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
SleepyBullet
First Poster
Options
Edit:
Tested my sim card and SD card with notification still active, all normal. Very confusing. Screenshot_20230824_151018_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20230824_151027_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes