Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy a70 battery plz help

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 03:37 PM)
Marwanatassi
Apprentice
Options

Hello guys . My samsung a70 fell in water last month and till now everything is working fine but i think that my battery is draining quickly dont know if its just me imagining or it is true so my battery drains while watching facebook video with ¼ brightness and wifi on and bluetooth and gps off with no power saving mode about 10% every 50 minutes or 1% each 5 to 6 minute. And i get about 7 hours of screen on time from 100% to 15% is this normal or my phone battery is damaged plz help me no one answered me and im depressed now because of my phone. Help pleeeeeeese

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
its normal, that's kind of a lot of screentime
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Marwanatassi: That does seem a little low, although if you were streaming video for the duration of the screen on time then this can naturally affect your battery life. What I'd suggest is charging the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally (a typical days usage) until it reaches 50%, then head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage, and check the list of apps at the bottom of the screen. Does anything stand out as using an abnormal amount of battery? I understand that you have taken some steps already to address your battery issues, however in the meantime please take the following into account as a way of increasing your overall battery life.

- Enable Power Saving mode
- Reduce your screen brightness (or enable Adaptive Brightness)
- Switch off GPS, WiFi and Mobile data when not in use
- Disable or shut down any applications when not in use via your Recent Apps button
- Delete any recently installed 3rd party applications

0 Likes
Marwanatassi
Apprentice
Options

So do you think that water doesnt have any hand in any of this 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Marwanatassi: It's difficult for me to speculate from this position whether any liquid ingress has occurred, however if you're concerned then you do have the option of reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the device to be inspected. Try the steps above first of all, as you may be able to improve your battery life, or identify any apps or features that are contributing to the drainage.