Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A50 Brightness Problem - Dims The Screen Even With Autobrightness Off!

(Topic created on: 24-11-2019 09:09 AM)
gelic
Journeyman
Options

I set the Adaptive Brightness off, changed several Screen Modes, Power Mode is on normal, tried different settings, but sometimes when I play a game, the screen will dim on its own!

It doesn't change the level of the brightness on the brightness bar, rather it simply decreases the brightness although it shows same level. Then after couple of minutes it would just turn it back to normal on it's own!

Also, I didn't notice this happening when using other apps, just games. Could it be some Game Launcher glitch?

Please help out. Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@gelic: This may be a permission of the Game Launcher app, therefore please can you try disabling Game Launcher by going to Settings > Advanced features > Game Launcher > Off, to see if the screen continues to dim when you open one of your games? Let me know how you get on.
gelic
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a lot for the proposed solution!

I'll definitevely try it out and let you know if it worked.

Cheers!

0 Likes
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

I've tried it on A70. It did not help.

0 Likes
Rudolf1908
First Poster
Options

have same issue with a52s 5g  but its not just with games is the screen in general rather im in home or any app it starts ok with phone restart and then dims a bit but cant get it back to max brightness phone is new 6 days only already restarted factory settings but still 

0 Likes
N1co2223
First Poster
Options

Same here on a52s. I think its dimming because the phone gets hot.

0 Likes
Rudolf1908
First Poster
Options

shesh and it even just recently updated to the latest patch but still does it every now and then by itself, samsung rep told me it adaptative screen and it does it to save power, but need to have a deeper explanation because sometimes just turned it on and it dims so still dont have 

0 Likes