Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 front camera zoomed in on third party apps?

(Topic created on: 19-02-2020 11:53 PM)
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options

So basically I recieved my new Samsung A71 today and on all third party apps the front camera is very zoomed in and can barely fit my face in the full frame. In the camera app it is fine, but when I use apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Omegle the front facing camera is zoomed in. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any fixes for it?

68 REPLIES 68
SF2020dubai
Journeyman
Options
No.
Not at all
0 Likes
SF2020dubai
Journeyman
Options
It did not work for me!
0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

I didn't think it would. I think Samsung just makes up a fix to keep people quiet for a while. Did you sign the petition that a previous post started? If not, look back in the thread. There's a link for it. I don't know what good it will do but I signed it.

0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
jmp94
Journeyman
Options

It didn't work for me either. 

I sent the petition to every Samsung support channel and I keep contacting them so they become aware of the problem and I really suggest you guys do the same. Unfortunately, they will only solve this when they realize everyone is mad at them. Otherwise they will just ignore it the same way they have been doing for over a year.

Tdmt9
Pioneer
Options

Please see the same problem on this thread that is now over a YEAR old. And with my S8 they did nothing to fix it either. I don't expect any of us to have this resolved. I've been waiting 3 years 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Galaxy-s10-front-camera-too-zoomed-in...

0 Likes
Shawdi
First Poster
Options

I think I may have found a solution.  Open your camera app and set it on the selfie video mode leave your camera app open and go your 3rd party app It fixes the zoom problem. I don't know if it works on other phones but it does on my a71.

I've tried this with leaving my camera app open on selfie mode but it doesn't work it must be on selfie video.

0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

Selfie video mode is zoomed in more than selfie photo mode on the camera app. So when it's on selfie video, it just matches the zoomed in selfie mode on Snapchat. That's the mode Snapchat is stuck on....the mode that sucks.

0 Likes
Shawdi
First Poster
Options

In depends on the ratio for example with the 9:16 ratio selfie is more zoomed in compared to selfie video but with the full screen ratio it's the other way around but regardless of the ratio if you leave the camera app open on selfie video then go to instagram or snapchat and take a selfie, it will look normal I compared it with selfies taken on a phone without the zoom issue and they looked the same but if you close the camera app or leave it open on the selfie mode then take photos on instagram they will be zoomed in. Idk maybe it works on my phone. I was hoping my discovery would help 😅

0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

I did leave my camera app open on video selfie mode. It does nothing.

0 Likes