Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Charging only from laptop USB port

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 06:32 PM)
Flackofolio
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

I'm having a problem with my Samsung A50, I was prompted to update the software on Tuesday just gone. Ever since it wont charge of the mains sockets on the wall only from my USB port on my laptop. It registers the charger is connected, the battery level wont increase though. I have tried everything, original cables, new cables, different combinations of cables and wall plugs(at lest 6 different combos), different wall sockets, cleaned out the ports with compressed air. Changed to charge only from developer options.....EVERYTHING!!! I have an app that tests the quality of chargers and when the same wire is plugged into the wall it registers 0mA  so its not going up or down but when the exact same wire is plugged into my laptop I get between 800 and 1000mA and the battery level goes up. This is some seriously frustrating stuff let me tell ya, please help!!!!!

43 REPLIES 43
Nimi1
First Poster
Options

hey did you find any solution?

I'm using a30 and facing the same problem.

0 Likes
JoaoPT
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung A40. After some months it wouldn’t charge via its Brick (2A Samsung Brick/transformer). It would only charge by USB on my PC. Later i found it would also charge from an Alcatel 2A Brick and an Alcatel 1A Brick. It does not charge using my XIAOMI 3A brick.

Using the AccuBattery app, it seems that the Alcatel 2A Brick produces 1.7A. I tested the 2A Samsung Brick on my XIAOMI and it produces 2.1A. It seems that the Samsung A40 will charge if i use a power source that produces less than 2A.

Hope that this helps.

JMK822
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the exact same problem. It's not the charger. I'm surprised no one from Samsung has offered a solution. Isn't that what this forum is for?

The A50 has charging problems. Do an internet search, and it's plaguing tons of people. It's The phone or the software or both. The question is whether Samsung is going to do anything about it for all of us.

On one of my laptops (the only places the phone will charge) says that an unknown device requires more power than the port can supply and adds here and there while it's charging that the device is causing a power surge. That's got to mean something. Also the fact that your app shows the lack of power coming through one your phone but not another device.

I've heard of phone companies creating updates that deliberately drain your battery faster so you'll buy a new phone sooner than later, but this is almost completely disabling. If it's A software update problem, then I would HOPE Samsung would patch in a fix for this pronto.

Help, Samsung?

0 Likes
Matheusgdecastro
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with my A50. It also recently started to not turn the screen off when locked. It's annoying that the only solution is sending the phone to Samsung. what should I do meanwhile? buy another phone until they fix it? 

Benikala
First Poster
Options

Got the same problem, all of a sudden my phone stopped charging.. I used different charging bricks, different cords, cleaned out the charging port, updated it and still didnt work.. then plugged it into the computer and bam it started charging! Whats the actual solution to fixing this?? 

JMK822
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this! I'll give it a try. It's worth a shot.

0 Likes
A50s89
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue, a50s user. Any solution yet?

0 Likes
Ryahi
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my A30

any solution?

0 Likes
alr_83
First Poster
Options

Bought new genuine Samsung usb wall charger and genuine samsung c-type usb cord, in Australia.

Samsung A50 still is not charging from wall socket. Although when plugged into laptop it will charge but will take 7 plus hours to charge from 53% to 100%.

Will this issue be fixed in an upcoming update any time soon?

If not will Samsung be helpful enough to provide any assistance on this ongoing and very common it seems issue?

0 Likes
Kath0911
First Poster
Options

Is this problem resolved? Got the same issue with my a51 just now. Please help.

0 Likes