Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Charging only from laptop USB port

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 06:32 PM)
Flackofolio
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

I'm having a problem with my Samsung A50, I was prompted to update the software on Tuesday just gone. Ever since it wont charge of the mains sockets on the wall only from my USB port on my laptop. It registers the charger is connected, the battery level wont increase though. I have tried everything, original cables, new cables, different combinations of cables and wall plugs(at lest 6 different combos), different wall sockets, cleaned out the ports with compressed air. Changed to charge only from developer options.....EVERYTHING!!! I have an app that tests the quality of chargers and when the same wire is plugged into the wall it registers 0mA  so its not going up or down but when the exact same wire is plugged into my laptop I get between 800 and 1000mA and the battery level goes up. This is some seriously frustrating stuff let me tell ya, please help!!!!!

43 REPLIES 43
AndrewL
Options
@Flackofolio: This sounds like an issue with the wall socket adapter. By chance, do you have another compatible device that you can try the charger with, to see if the issue persists? If not, and if the A50 is less than 12 months old, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below with a copy of your proof of purchase, and an advisor will be able to look at arranging a warranty replacement charger for you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like your charger is dead
0 Likes
Jaswanth
First Poster
Options

I got the same problem, my phone get charging over laptop only

0 Likes
Durga
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the issue from last 1 month. I believe it is the software issue. If Samsung can help to fix this in next software update it would be great.

0 Likes
Ej_Souljah
Student
Options

I am having the same problem bro..2 weeks from now..i only charge my phone on my laptop..same thing you did what i did in different combos but still no fix..only on laptop usb port..had you already fix the problem? Then let me know, much appreciated..tnx!

0 Likes
Ej_Souljah
Student
Options

Good day..same issues with Flackofolio..my fast charger works on my gf's A30.. i tried also to use my gf's fast charger but it wont work..it wont detect the charger..my A50 can detect my old J7 phone charger but no progress in charging..only steady on any batt percentage..i t doesnt increase..only on laptop can only charge my A50 battery.. is it the C-port usb type port is the problem? Tnx for the response..

Oh, btw...i am from Philippines. 

0 Likes
Ej_Souljah
Student
Options

It is not the charger either..j

0 Likes
Ej_Souljah
Student
Options

The wall adapter is not the problem..just like mine.. 

0 Likes
Btor_patience
First Poster
Options

I am having this problem too, have you fixed it? 😞 

0 Likes