Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A14

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 07:24 PM)
Members_r2vkulx
First Poster
Options

Bought my Samsung A14 64GB back in November and have been experiencing issues for the last couple of months.

Problems consist of the following - 

non-response screen upon selecting keypad or apps.
App crashes

Phone completely freezes, very slow and sluggish. From unlocking the phone to answering calls, using basic apps etc, the phone either freezes, lags or takes a long time to load.
I have factory reset the device, installed all up-to date software, cleared memory and backed up all files to maximise the phones memory.

Took it to a phone technician in Currys (Car phone warehouse partner) who advised the UI/Software the phone has, is the same as the S22 Ultra. The technician advised the A14 is a budget Samsung phone and that the phone is unable to run the same software but Samsung continues to send the updates through even know the phone is not compatible.
The technician advised he has sent many A14s off for repair but the customers have reported the same issue.

Extremely frustrated as this is a new phone and I'm tied in for 24 month!! the phone is completely unusable.

19 REPLIES 19
pcmacroom
Student
Options

Hi. Unfortunately I'm in a similar situation and don't have a solution for you.  The One UI 6 update has completely ruined the phone. Sluggish screen, and in particular problems with Android Auto when connected by cable. Perhaps if enough people with a similar issue were to post here Samsung might reply.

Pennie
Student
Options

Same here

samhodg86
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I've got an a14, and I experience a good bit of lag, mostly when opening apps or waiting for Google chrome to load. Will definitely spend more money next time and get a better phone
A14 user
Student
Options

I am in a similar situation. My phone just had the ONE UI update then when I used the apps, they keep on freezing. I noticed my phone became sluggish. I bought this phone last November 2023. Just 3 months using this phone, I'm encountering lots of problems already. This is really sad. 😭😭😭

Gurglechip
First Poster
Options

I bought my A14 some time back. Phone was slow, but working. In last weeks it has gotten stuck on startup, apps like Ntflix cause it to freeze, suden dark screenswhen using whatsapp calls etc and HUGE sluggishness. I also have S21, that works like a charm now that I fixed the 5G power drain issue (I do not use 5G) 

A14fox37
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. Plenty of memory. 2gb of ram left. I could make a cuppa in the time it takes to perform some tasks. Keyboard takes ages to catch up on my typing. I'm slow typer. Took into Samsung shop today and he said it's a budget phone and shouldn't expect super performance. He said that 4gb ram was a problem but I'm only using it for a normal phone and browsing. No gaming or streaming. My previous phones were much lower spec but preferred much better. Any suggestions please. 

A14fox37
Journeyman
Options

Add to my post. I've done the data clear procedure at least twice with no improvement. When I first got phone in December it was fine. Seems to have got the problems in last 2 weeks. Has there been an up(down) date recently 

0 Likes
ADRIAN_46
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same issue(s) problem, virtually seam to go from having no issues to slow and laggy overnight after the UI update.

Like everyone a reasonably new phone and its gone from doing everything I need, to not very enjoyable to use at all.

I even keep getting the System UI app notification not responding.
if you just using it for basic stuff making calls, whatsapp, email then the 4GB is plenty never had any issues untill the UI update

A14fox37
Journeyman
Options

Mysteriously my phone has behaved almost normally today.

Anybody had the same experience?

0 Likes