Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A14

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 07:24 PM)
Members_r2vkulx
First Poster
Options

Bought my Samsung A14 64GB back in November and have been experiencing issues for the last couple of months.

Problems consist of the following - 

non-response screen upon selecting keypad or apps.
App crashes

Phone completely freezes, very slow and sluggish. From unlocking the phone to answering calls, using basic apps etc, the phone either freezes, lags or takes a long time to load.
I have factory reset the device, installed all up-to date software, cleared memory and backed up all files to maximise the phones memory.

Took it to a phone technician in Currys (Car phone warehouse partner) who advised the UI/Software the phone has, is the same as the S22 Ultra. The technician advised the A14 is a budget Samsung phone and that the phone is unable to run the same software but Samsung continues to send the updates through even know the phone is not compatible.
The technician advised he has sent many A14s off for repair but the customers have reported the same issue.

Extremely frustrated as this is a new phone and I'm tied in for 24 month!! the phone is completely unusable.

23 REPLIES 23
ADRIAN_46
Apprentice
Options

Have you by any chance deleted or removed a third party app? Its more likley to be a third party app which has not been updated to run with Samsung One UI 6.00

0 Likes
ADRIAN_46
Apprentice
Options

Its a decent phone if your just Whatsapping and routine stuff, but its a third party app which is causing everyones issues,

0 Likes
A14fox37
Journeyman
Options

After a week or more of sheer frustration with the phone and trying everything suggested and not suggested my phone has been working as I would expect. I did delete one or 2 apps which I no longer use. Not sure if it was this or the Samsung fairy visited overnight and waved her magic wand over the phone but ITS WORKING. 

Good luck everyone. 

Sussexgal
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same lag issue, especially when starting the phone. It takes at least 5 minutes to settle down which is very frustrating. It was a great phone before the One UI version 6 update, and annoying that there seems very little improvement with the update except the clock on the screensaver is bigger!

0 Likes
grannieannie
First Poster
Options
Has anyone experienced being cut off when phoning a home phone line or if a person calling me is using one. I just purchased this phone. My old J3 is much better. Appreciate any help.
0 Likes
pcmacroom
Student
Options

So after weeks of trouble I finally took the nuclear option; I backed up all my apps/data and did a factory reset of the device. I've had no issues since. Everything seems to be working fine. If you do take this option, be careful, if you do it wrong you could end up losing data, photos, contacts etc. 

Thankfully it worked for me!

A14 user
Student
Options

Hi pcmacroom, I did the same thing. I was able to save my photos. Removed the apps that I don't really use/need. My phone is not lagging anymore. As days passed, the apps are taking time to open. (sigh) Maybe, I need to have a phone with higher specs that can handle the update. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@A14 user : If you are noticing performance issues after a few days of use, then I recommend heading to Settings > Device care > Optimise now (if available) > Memory > Clean now. Furthermore, try restarting your phone (Press and hold the Side button > Restart), as this will refresh the device and resolve any software issues that might be affecting the performance. 

0 Likes
SamB25
First Poster
Options
I've upgraded to a s23, this phone is terrible
0 Likes
dashserv
First Poster
Options

What 3rd party app? My screen freezes no matter what app I'm using.

0 Likes