Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A11 How to make SD Card the default Storage?

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 12:56 PM)
Fei10
Student
Options

Hello! I just bought Samsung A11 recently and I'm curious if I can make my SD Card my default storage in general, not just for camera pictures. Or do I have to manually transfer my files? 

9 REPLIES 9
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I think you have to manually transfer your storage. But they should have an option for where u wanna save.
0 Likes
Fei10
Student
Options

Thats a bit unfortunate 😞 though If there was an option, where would it be? I tried to look so results but all I got was for the camera storage.

AndrewL
Options

@Fei10: Sadly it is only possible to set an SD card as your default storage location for pictures captured via the Camera app. For all other file types, these will need to be manually moved via Apps > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Audio (as an example) > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit > Select the files you want to move > Tap Move or Copy at the bottom of the screen > Back > SD card > Select a folder > Move/Copy. 

Izzy5
First Poster
Options

Is there any step by step instructions for it?

AndrewL
Options

@Izzy5: To add an SD card as the default storage location for your Camera, please open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Storage Location > SD Card. For steps to move files from your internal storage to an SD card, please see above. 

Lilmeme85
Student
Options

is there a way to move apps to sd card? Like games etc?

Bluestboy
First Poster
Options

I was thinking about that too, like you could put games in your sd card and still could play the game. 

0 Likes
Khalidkbady
First Poster
Options

The phone should not have an SD card option if i cannot make it the default memory.  Customers should be informed if a significant feature like this to be removed from the Galaxy model lines.

JustLookingForInfo
First Poster
Options

I have an old gen 4 amazon fire and it will put nearly everything on the external storage, apps, pictures, movies, videos, basically all it keeps internal is its system files. I got this thinking it was an upgrade. Boy was I surprised, but the camera IS better.

0 Likes