Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update for galaxy a40 draining battery..

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 04:06 PM)
Engineer1472
Journeyman
Options

After the latest software update phone is draning battery and also noticed slowness when under hard use. Phone is now one year old and it seems that after their "new update" they made device slow so people go by new ones.. Good business but as a user f** frustrating.. Before that "update" device worked perfectly. I dont know if they have balls to post this, probably not

11 REPLIES 11
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @Engineer1472 

-clear your phone data cache

this will remove the residual files from the phone

turn off phone > press and hold power + volume up keys > release the hold when you'll see a logo > press volume down to select "clear cache partition" > press power key to okay > select reboot system now

-put apps not in use to "do not allow in background"

this will save memory use and battery use on your phone

tap and hold the app > tap app info > tap battery > switch off "allow in background"

-uninstall unwated apps if needed 

thanks ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Engineer1472
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. I have already done that and it's not changing issue with battery endurance. Problem can also be that the phone hit 1 year mark and they switched battery capasity and performance down.. Very convinient that after one night  and update the battery is draining significantly faster.. 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @Engineer1472 

rechargeable batteries become less effective the older they get due to the chemical processes inside the battery, the battery life and ability to hold charge can decline over time

back up your files then do the factory data reset 

if this persists and really bothers you, better contact your Samsung Support to arrange a repair of your phone

thanks ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
Engineer1472
Journeyman
Options

Yeah I'm all awear of that but I just wonder that it's very convinient this to happen in one night.. With lithium batteries the capasity should slowly decrease, not in one night. Ofcourse there is probability for real issue with battery but I think that possibility is relativily small.  I think this method what they use is well known and realized but no one can't do anything about it.. Afterall writing here is pointless but I want to spread  a word

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @Engineer1472 

if you believe this is only after a software update, 

send a feedback/error report to software developers

open your Samsung Members app > tap (+) add sign > tap send error report > tap system/battery

let's hear this from the expert themselves

your feedback is very important to them to address any areas for improvement

hope that you'll have a better Samsung experience next time

thanks ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
StrikerL
First Poster
Options

Hi,

That's exactly what I've noticed after the latest update. A phone bought 6month ago (galaxy a40) having now few issues: battery  draining faster, longer charging time (1h30min for 30% of battery), and few bugs after upgrading with a version around 4GO of weight.

It looks like Samsung going for the same strategy as Apple, making devices less performant and forcing people to buy new phones (I'm seeing now galaxy a41 in the market)..

That's perfect, I was thinking about Huawei recently. Shame on you for this 

oli_3
First Poster
Options

Hey @Engineer1472 I'm experiencing exactly the same issue since installed . Did you manage to solve it? If so, what did you did?

I'm thinking of downgrading the Android version but not sure about risks of doing it...

0 Likes
Engineer1472
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately I didn't find any solution for this. I just bought a new one like everyone else ;D

0 Likes
AmericanInBrittany
First Poster
Options

Absolutely having the same issue.  Like overnight a full battery went from lasting days to about 12 hours.  Have owned less than 1 year.  This is DEFINITELY due to an software update or something.  Wish I could toss the phone now.

0 Likes