Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over saturation of colour in A53 photos

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 09:24 PM)
Saturn12
Student
Options
The colour on my A53 photos is oversaturated. The sky is brightest blue torquiose and grass is bright lime green even on a dull day. Skin tone looks awful too. Anyone else have this issue and if so, how is this resolved without editing each photo individually? Never had this issue on older Samsung phones. 
14 REPLIES 14
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
No issues for me with my A53. Upload them to your PC. If you're not happy then. You can always edit them.
I think they always look better if you don't view them on the display of the phone you took them with.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm generally happy with how my photo's turn out however I respect that we all the results of a photo differently.

There is an enhancer in the gallery as well as different camera settings that can be tried.

The camera lenses and software on phone's are constantly being improved however theybare a long way off from dslr camera's presently.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Saturn12
Student
Options
The colours on my images are too artificial, similar to what you'd expect to see on gaming. Thank you for your suggestion re editing though never expected to have to upload and edit a photo back to natural.
AndrewL
Options

@Saturn12: If you're unhappy with the resulting colours of your photos then I recommend tapping on the magic wand symbol in the top right of the Camera app, and exploring some of the filter options that are available here to see if you're able to achieve a more natural looking colour palette to suit you. 

0 Likes
NovemberTango
First Poster
Options
My photos are fine but my screen display is oversaturated and is really hurting my eyes and giving me a headache..can I change this?
0 Likes
NewOrion
Student
Options

My photos look normal. Maybe has to do with your screen brightness setting? When I tried the built-in 'Remaster picture' function available in the Gallery editing options on the photo below the sky was made much lighter and the lighter trees made lime green - oversaturated. Photo below is unedited. unedited photo from A53unedited photo from A53

Galaxy A53 5G
US Model SM-A536E/DS
0 Likes
stushi
First Poster
Options
I agree mine does exactly the same.This is my third Samsung phone and despite the definition it still is the worse colour balance of all of them.
Alex-OOE
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, I solved it by changing the setting(Display->Screen mode) from "Vivid" to "Natural";

0 Likes
alexwent
Explorer
Options

This is completely true. I purchased my A53 last week. For wide-angle shots the colour of a clear sky is more natural, but as for the main camera, I have never seen such saturated blues. Very disappointing. I would be happy to see this corrected in a future update. 

0 Likes