Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No phone calls and texts after recent update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 05:22 PM)
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

I had an update recently. And after that phone calls and texts are acting up. Call going through for a caller but I don't see it at all. Same with texts. People trying to reach me.  Seeing everything is OK on their end and starting to think I am ignoring them.

Phone a72

Screenshot_20220805-122223_Settings.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

So. Guys. This is what I did and it helped.

I backed up my phone with smart switch.

I downloaded previous release of my official firmware

Uploaded this firmware to my my phone

Basically I downgraded my phone. It was tedious and hell of a s***y job to restore all stuff back but it worked. Samsung should be ashamed of itself making such raw and untested Ota updates. Really. That was no fun. Whole Friday evening ruined.  And I hardly imagine someone without good computer skills would be able to do it

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220805-122409_Software update.jpg

 it was the update made my phone basically useless

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Avgustine  Hello, as a user, I am very sorry for what has happened to you.
I have seen in the screenshots Service provider software version, do you have CSC code  Russia? Did you have it before if you remember this version? I have read that by mistake some users have received the wrong CSC code, and the solution would be a correction patch. I don't know if it's your case.
Try a few steps to find an alternative solution, such as reset APNs, or change the mobile network to 3G / 2G. I hope you solve it

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

It is a phone from Russia. I am in the US. Well everything was working perfectly until that update. I don't think the problem is with settings. It looks like more of a system bug

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

I did. But it doesn't look like I am out service or not on a network. Mobile data works good. Signal's good.  It  there is no symptoms of network issues

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

T mobile.

But it was OK for 6 months. And just after the update this problem started to occur. I reinstalled Sim and stuff.  Rebooted countless times. I mean I tried everything that is in my power. It's clearly system problem after software update

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

OK as I understand you suggest to change country in Samsung account which I barely used. @that's definitely going to take some time bc I wasn't able to change it myself and had to make a support request. I'll let you know if that helped

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

Well idk if I am in the right place.

Its just grayed out.

Screenshot_20220805-170801_Samsung account.jpg

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

But doesn't language and country are different things? On my screenshot you can see I have language set to English

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

Yep. Thats what I am about to do once I reach my home pc.