Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over saturation of colour in A53 photos

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 09:24 PM)
Saturn12
Student
Options
The colour on my A53 photos is oversaturated. The sky is brightest blue torquiose and grass is bright lime green even on a dull day. Skin tone looks awful too. Anyone else have this issue and if so, how is this resolved without editing each photo individually? Never had this issue on older Samsung phones. 
14 REPLIES 14
alexwent
Explorer
Options

Does not really solve the issue, though I agree it moderately improves matters. There is still a much more saturated look to clear skies and blues in general.

0 Likes
alexwent
Explorer
Options

Perhaps this color sky is more natural where you're from. But when the grey-blue skies of northern Europe start to look the same color as those in California, something is wrong!

0 Likes
alexwent
Explorer
Options

I find that selecting the 'Faded' filter at around 60% reduces the over-saturation for me, but the trouble is that everything else is then washed out.

0 Likes
noswod
First Poster
Options
Agree completely with comments about oversaturation of colours. Nothing to do with phone display since the photos are same when sent to an HD monitor.
0 Likes
a53agni
First Poster
Options

I recently bought my A53. After taking pictures in some wonderful countryside landscapes I was disappointed of the results. In many pictures greens are very unnatural like someone painted the trees. After returning home I tried the first 10 filter options (until 'greyscale') which are available through the magic wand setting. My first evaluation is that 3 options give reasonable results: Lolli, Blossom and Soft. Frosty is not bad either but it is somewhat dark in shadowy sections. Neither of the options, however, really satisfy me. I'll do some more testing under different light conditions to decide on which filter option seems best to me.

0 Likes