Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI.6 update wrecked my A53 5G 128G device

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 02:25 PM)
km10162
First Poster
Options

After downloading the software upgrade to one UI.6 my device, A53 5G 128G, started rebooting randomly and with increased frequency until a week later it would simply not turn on any more. The phone was note even two years old, but no longer under warranty. Samsung support refuses to provide help, and wants me to pay to have the motherboard changed or to buy a new phone; they are simply washing their hands off the situation. I never had any issue with the phone and I see no other possible cause than the software upgrade, so I consider this is Samsung's responsibility and they pushed on me a software update that rendered my phone completely unusable. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestion?

7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

When did you last perform a Wipe Partition Cache on your device?

This is recommended after every OS update and periodically after Security Updates.

(I do it about every 3 months or so or after each major OS update such as to One UI6).
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair apps via the Recovery Menu.
km10162
First Poster
Options

thanks but the i cant even turn on the phone anymore...

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Put the phone on charge, leave for at least 20 minutes or so then try to restart it whilst still charging.
0 Likes
JeanJustin
Apprentice
Options

This thread seems to mention the same issue : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a53-5g-one-ui-6-0-constant-restarts/m-p/8857600#...

No solution so far and Samsung has NOT been helpful. I'm gutted

0 Likes
Cjstueve
Student
Options

Same thing happened to alot of us

0 Likes
Avisinha
Apprentice
Options

It is indeed surprising to hear that millions of Samsung users are reportedly facing issues with the A and M series, particularly with regards to the motherboard. Samsung, being a reputed company, is known for its rigorous testing and quality control measures. Therefore, it is unexpected that such a significant number of users are experiencing problems.

The choice of the Exynos series over Snapdragon is a strategic decision made by Samsung. While both are powerful processors, they have their unique strengths and weaknesses. However, if the Exynos series is indeed causing widespread issues, it is a matter of concern that warrants Samsung's attention.

Customer trust is paramount in the technology industry, and reports of such issues can significantly impact a company's reputation. It is crucial for Samsung to address these concerns promptly and transparently, ensuring that users are not left feeling that their investment was a waste of money.

In conclusion, while it is unusual for a company of Samsung's stature to face such issues, it is important to acknowledge and address them to maintain customer trust and satisfaction.

Samsung should take initiation and replace the bugs free of cost

0 Likes