Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 5G One UI 6.0 constant restarts

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 08:02 AM)
dgholk
Student
Options

Since the update my phone freezes/crashes and restarts itself 10-15 times a day. I can't find any pattern in timing or what I'm doing, it just randomly happens while using different apps or while idle. It often gets a bar of static across the screen and makes a clicking noise when it freezes, and then reboots itself two or three times before being fine again for a while.

23 REPLIES 23
dgholk
Student
Options

I also went out and bought a Pixel instead. Two other family members are having the same problem on their Samsung devices (far less frequently than I was though), and the most recent software update hasn't fixed it. That's been my advice to them too.

0 Likes
kd9
Student
Options

Same issue here starting after January update.  Samsung had me take it to an authorized service center and full diagnostics found no hardware problem.

Maybe they'll eventually fix it with a software update, but the Pixel 8 I replaced it with is a much better phone.  I've owned Samsung phones over the past decade but no more.  I was thinking about an S24 but since Samsung won't support my Gear S3 on newer phones combined with the A53 bricking they've lost my business.

Kkali
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here my A53 kept crashing after the update. I removed all my apps but it still crashed. I did all the things -cleared cache partition, started in safe mode, soft reset etc.  I finally performed a factory reset and it still crashes. Now I'm back on my A50 until there's a fix or I can upgrade through my plan. 

0 Likes
Israel
Student
Options

Same thing here my A53 crashing after the update .
factory rest + remove cache 

still keep crash 

0 Likes
A53 One UI 6 issues
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue after latest update installed in my phone.

0 Likes
sc300t
First Poster
Options

Try changing your wallpaper to something from your gallery. Both the the home screen and the lock screen.

I know it sounds stupid, but I think it has something to do with One UI crashing, and for some reason, changing the wallpaper reset the One UI. I found this solution on reddit for the issue "can not open any apps because One UI constantly crashes". Anyway, I haven't gotten a single restart yet.

Previously my phone was crashing a lot. I started uninstalling apps and didn't really work. What somehow worked was deleting media and conversation from an extremely large whatsapp group chat (30gb media files with over  200k chats). But, my phone still crashed randomly, just not as frequent. Changing the wallpaper did fix the restarting issue for good.

Members_eCKIbtH
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this, I had restarts through

0 Likes
Maekl
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issues and the clicking noise really scared me for a second. I thought it was going to explode on me.

0 Likes
Members_ncGjn4t
First Poster
Options

I turned off my location as navigation wasn't working either (no gps signal found) and I had no reboots since. It's been a few days now. I'm going to turn it on again now to test if the reboots will happen again, then I'll be sure if that's what causes the reboots. If it reboots again I'll send an issue to Samsung an hope they'll fix it.

0 Likes
Members_ncGjn4t
First Poster
Options

Phone just rebooted when I drove home from work, so it's definitely related to the location service! If you turn off the location service you might not be able to enjoy some features, but at least your phone won't reboot anymore. I hope Samsung can find the issue and fix it asap.

0 Likes