Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No charger provided with my new phone?

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 12:29 PM)
Cazad
Student
Options

I was so excited to be updating my phone with Sky Mobile but was extremely disappointed to find my new device Samsung galaxy A33 5g came with a cable, but no charger. I feel this is very shortsighted cost effectiveness gone wrong & leaves myself &  your other customers open to damage from fraudulent products.

It always stated in your instructions that using device without cables & chargers provided can cause damage & nullify the guarantee. Which is why I have always been so careful to do just that.

I have been very happily using Samsung phones for over  12 years. Sadly this is the first time I have found issue to complain!

I have purchased a charger from Amazon.co.uk it stated it was a genuine Samsung 25 watt super fast charger.  I'm suspicious it is not though. But I can not afford to buy anymore so I'm left feeling anxious when I should just be enjoying using my new phone. 

Very disappointed & anxious  😰 

Please rethink not supplying chargers with your future devices?

Thanks,

Caroline Galuszka.

24 REPLIES 24
Members_UVP7Zsf
Student
Options

My old phone is a J5, the charger is not compatible with the A33. It’s disappointing. Iphone for me next time I change.

andy30ww
Student
Options

andy30ww_0-1672297782135.png

Hi Tess

thanks for the reply.

sorry I think you missed my point. I have attracted a photo of the USB type you refer to. The type in the box isn’t this type it’s a small usb each end and won’t fit like a C type, yes which I understand.

hope this helps

Andy

0 Likes
ytnzzn
Explorer
Options
You know how they all cut chargers from the phone b9x, massive companies have did this Apple. Samsung, Sony and a bunch more. They think they are reducing carbon emissions but indirectly they are not. When you don't see the charger, you end up going to Amazon and buying a product. That product will get shipped to your house, consuming more fuel. Packaging. There's probably a load of bubble wrap and nonsense which commits to more emissions. So, a request to all, pls bring back chargers please🙏🏻
TheUnfriendlyGuy
First Poster
Options

It should be optional if you want a wall charger with your new phone, they can afford give us wireless earbuds / wireless charger pad for free on pre-order why not a wall charger too.

I had a charger from Samsung S10+ no USB-C on it and I didn't get my charger for my new S22 Ultra

I was lucky run into Samsung promotion stand where they show their new flip phones

I talk to them about I was actually very upset about getting not a charger for my S22 Ultra so they gave me a wireless charger with wall charger for free one of their prizes if you ride their exercise bike

funny thing that Samsung and Apple got sued for lack of wall charger with smartphones in Brazil

0 Likes
BlixeRemastered
Explorer
Options
For me it came with a USB c to USB c and that is good and bad for me bc I can charge using my Microsoft surface but I can't charge using USB a. I wish they at least gave us a USB c to USB c brick thingy (idk what it is called) to plug in so we can charge
0 Likes
Wer1
Student
Options

You buy a brand new Samsung S23 and you don't get a charger to charge, no sir you have to buy a Charger to charge your Brand new Samsung S23 it's like buying a car with no key... I have been a loyal Samsung customer for 11 years and now they have lost me. In Brazil Samsung Customers gets a new phone with a charger. In RSA not the case. It's just a money making story to spend Un extra R599 to get a charger to charge your phone. This is unacceptable.. I phoned the HQ and no joy.... Samsung Suck this is the dumbest idea ever. I understand if you don't get earphones but a charger is a essential. I had the note 5, note 18, note 20 and now the s23 and now Samsung lost a customer...my Tv and washing machine is Samsung and now they have stuffed up the relationship. . . . Samsung Suck CEO Jong-Hee Han the fact that you dont give chargers you lost a customer after 11 Years..

0 Likes
Wer1
Student
Options

it still doesn't fix the global crises we still need to buy a charger, where in the past you get one for free, now I just need to buy one. Spend money charge my phone.. You buy a brand new car and before you want to drive out they say you need to buy the battery because we are working on the global battery crises...does not make sense. My new S23 is lying at home cant use it because I don't have a charger. But wait they want me to buy one.  #samsung Suck

0 Likes
ValRhea
Apprentice
Options

I get it with the headphones but the charger port is just annoying and incredibly inconvenient.  I don't have an old type c to type c charge port so the charging cable/cord that came with my new Samsung doesn't plug into my USB to type c charge box. So fkng annoying 

0 Likes
ValRhea
Apprentice
Options

I agree 1000%!! It is so fkng annoying!

0 Likes
ValRhea
Apprentice
Options

And so now I can't use my phone until I pay for a new wall plug or else risk damaging my device? What a fraudulent trick you've played on your customers, Samsung. 🤨

0 Likes