Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Fingerprint sensor isn't responding

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 03:25 PM)
silvervicky756
Apprentice
Options

My Galaxy A7(2018) started showing "Fingerprint Sensor isn't responding" error and I tried restarting the device also wiped the cache partition from Android recovery. But no luck, Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
you could try a full factory reset and see if it works, back up all of your data before this, if not Maybe your phone is still under warranty or a samsung store could fix this?
AndrewL
Options
@silvervicky756: If you open the Members app and go to Get Help > Interactive Checks (this may be under 'Go To Phone care > Interactive Checks) > Fingerprint, and follow the on screen prompts, does this test return any errors? In the meantime, please try removing your existing fingerprint from the phone and re-adding it, or adding a different finger, to see if this helps at all.

Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprint Scanner > Manage Fingerprints> Edit > Select your scanned fingerprint > Remove.
silvervicky756
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL : Thank you for the response!. I tried the interactive check for fingerprint scanner from the Members app but I got the error as in the screenshot. Also I am not able to add/remove the fingerprints from the biometric settings. I am started suspecting this could be a hardware issue.Error from interactive checkError from interactive check

0 Likes
silvervicky756
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Jasonseery for the response, I am bit hesitant to reset the phone but I could visit the service center nearby.
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@silvervicky756: Sorry to hear that. Based on he results of the hardware test I recommend reaching out to our Help desk via the link below, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and book any necessary repairs. Prior to this, please back up your device and return it to it's default factory settings via Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset to see if this helps at all. This will remove any personal data from the device, therefore please ensure the phone is fully backed up before proceeding.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
G4BR1EL
First Poster
Options
It is a hardware problem. I just change the power/fingerprint button for a friend on his Galaxy A7 2018. After I started the phone and had the same problem, Fingerprint sensor error. I power it off, delete the cache partition, restart the phone, fingerprint is working again.
rayking84
Explorer
Options
My fingerprint sensor has stopped working since yesterday and I have gone threw the settings to try get it to work but still no luck how do I fix this problem or would I have to get it repaired
dawid0wskyy
First Poster
Options
I have same problem with samsung galaxy s20 plus 5g. Today i do a android update and after that my sensor dont work properly. .... any sugestions ?
0 Likes
Gaalib
First Poster
Options

Did you find the solution?  I'm facing the same problem. Plz tell me if you have found any solution. 

0 Likes