Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in screen fingerprint scanner not working after screen replacement

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 05:51 AM)
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
I have replaced the screen on my a70 with an oem part and the fingerprint scanner doesn't work, it gets to 15% everything and then can't register,  tried factory reset and nothing 
7 REPLIES 7
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
this is definitely a software problem, if u roll back to android 9 the fingerprint sensor works perfectly
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Who replaced the screen @dgrundy  ?

If Samsung then go back to them for support.

If a repair shop then go back to them for support.

If by you or an unauthorised person then the warranty is voided so Samsung wouldn't probably be able  to help unfortunately.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_qmJ2VZc
First Poster
Options

Same happend to me, OEM part. Btw, did you fixed?

0 Likes
dgrundy
Journeyman
Options
no I had to send it so a Samsung service centre in sure it's a simple job for them with the correct software but I searched and searched and the only solution was to roll back to android 9
0 Likes
fingersd
First Poster
Options

I've recently had the same issue.

I broke my screen and replaced myself with a genuine Samsung Amoled screen.

I was subsequently unable to use biometrics to unlock my device.

I deleted the old fingerprint and tried scanning new fingers.

These always failed at 35% and never progressed further.

Only workaround that I've found that returns functionality is to install 

Samsung Android 9 firmware and block future updating.

It appears that in android 10, screen and F.P. sensor serial numbers are checked and if either is not Original Equipment, it disables the functionality of the baro reader, irrespective of if the replacement is a Samsung genuine part or not.

As stated earlier, Android 9 doesn't perform this check.

Hope this helps anyone who was baffled by this issue as I was for a few days

Dave,  (a now happy A70 owner with a fully functional Fingerprint Sensor) Just a shame I'm locked to an early Android OS

Enadun
First Poster
Options

I've also got a screen replacement, and after getting my device back from the shop, the fingerprint registered new finger prints, managed to recognise my prints two or three times, after which it did not recognise my fingerprint or any subsequent new prints (deleted all even factory reset) I've added, or extremely sporadic sometimes got a match. Returned to the shop, they told me that this defect did not reproduce, and after geting it back, it works flawlessly. I suspect something has been done. I need to know if the intervention was hardware or purely software. The replacement screen now looks extremely grainy (like the first amoled models with grainy issues at low brightness). Did they remove the new screen again, fix the fingerprint and glued it back? Could the removal process (heat) damage the new screen? When i got it first, i did not observe this grainy pattern. Thanx!

0 Likes
Maha10
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot for your answer.  İt was really helpful and solved my issue, after having replaced the fingerprint sensor which didn't solve the problem