Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A51 no wifi calling function

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 07:54 PM)
EllenCrae7
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I bought an A51 and description of the phone clesrly says wifi calling. My netwirk Vidafone supports wifi calling on this Samsung model but the function does not exist in settings. Anyone encountered this problem before,  are Samsung lying in their adverts/ descrition of the phone?
16 REPLIES 16
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
where did you buy your Samsung A51 from? was it from Vodafone direct or Samsung or another party?
0 Likes
EllenCrae7
Journeyman
Options
I bought it from John Lewis. Model is SM-A515F.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
reason why I ask is cause I'm on EE and from what I know... (might be different now) if you buy your device direct from the network then the device has the correct firmware for the WIFI calling to work. if it's bought from a 3rd party then it may not have the WIFI calling firmware built in.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I just took this screen shot from the Vodafone UK website...
0 Likes
EllenCrae7
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. The thing I don't understand is this phone is advertised as having wifi calling but it is not existent in the firmware with which it was bought. I understand it might not be possible to make it work on some networks, such as Vodafone, if bought from a third party, but the thing is the function does not exist in the phone at all. I would expect the phone to have this function included in the software. Is there any update/change of firmware possible to add it? Other networks might not be as restrictive as Vodsfone or EE.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
These phones are capable of WiFi calls.
it depends on your network provider if there network supports WiFi calling..
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
They changed that a while ago I've got a unlocked Note 10+ 5G (running BTU firmware) and I'm on EE and I can use both VoLTE and WiFi calling
EllenCrae7
Journeyman
Options
I know they are 'capable of' wifi calls. I just don't understand why this function is not available at all in the phone's settings. Whether it works or not with the network you're using is another thing and I understand that. But the phone is advertised as having capability for wifi calling, which I least in the case of the one I bought it is not true.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
The function is not available in settings unless your network provider supports WiFi calling.
hope this is of some help.

0 Likes