Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A41 duplicate screen via HDMI / USB-C (Phone display broken)

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 02:53 PM)
Samson421
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm have a Samsung Galaxy A41 here which has a broken display (just black screen nothing works any more). The phone is still charged and connected to wifi.

Does someone know how to duplicate the phone screen to an external display e.g. via HDMI USB C Adapter or Docking Station? I tried one HDMI adapter I had laying around and my Fuji USB C Docking Station. None of the two worked.

I'm only using Google Service no Samsung related service.

I would like to backup my data and/or erase the data (reset device).

If there are no options left, I will try to dismantle the device to find the error but that is my last option. Since I can't reset the device I would have to physically shred the flash anyway.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Samson421: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Galaxy A41. If you are unable to interact with the touchscreen, and would like to backup your data, then I recommend utilising Find My Mobile via a home computer (PC or Mac). Simply sign in using the Samsung account that is registered to your phone, and look for the 'Backup' option from here. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

For further troubleshooting steps to help you recover your data, please refer to the guide in the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-smashed-my-screen-and-cannot-use-the-touchscreen...

0 Likes
Samson421
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

as I wrote on in the original post, I'm not using any Samsung related service / account (on the phone). So I can't use findmymobile.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Samson421: My apologies. The link in my previous post also contains other steps that might allow you gain access to your device's screen, and backup your data, such as connecting it to a TV or Monitor via an HDMI adapter. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes