Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Phones

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 03:20 AM)
Mayya
Explorer
Options
How would I know if my phone is original or not and also how can I find out if it's hacked or not??
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
First question I'd like to ask is did you purchase the phone from a reliable source ?
What leads you to consider the phone being a clone or hacked ?
Clone phone's are unfortunately getting better at looking and performing like a real Samsung phobe it's getting harder to differentiate.
Can you log into Samsung Members OK and the Galaxy Store.
Does the Benefits Section open up with real benefits showing.
You should be able to run checks via your Battery and Device Care under Device Protection. There are also several downloadable scans via the Playstore.
Sometimes one can tell by the quality of the photo's taken by the phone. The zoom is usually poorer than the real deal phone too.
In the phobe dialer key in the following code which should bring up a number of options.
If it does not show then the phone maybe a clone.
*#0*#
Also type in the following code to check the phone's imei number *#06#
This is a good site to check the imei https://www.imei.info/
Contacting your region's Samsung Support Team can help as they'll try to help.
A Samsung Service Centre can assess the phone too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mayya
Explorer
Options
I got it from Ebay from a guy who has really good reviews and the phone was brand new.
I feel my battery gets low pretty quick and sometimes it acts weird as in it'll stop and then be off that app onto homepage.
I checked on there and the device protection says my device is safe. I could see my imei number so I'm guessing it's an original phone.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Download device info from play store that shows true specs whether it's a fake or not
Mayya
Explorer
Options
Thank you. I checked it and everything is right.
Mayya
Explorer
Options
I checked it and it's all good thank you.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Cool
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello again @Mayya 

Thank you for your reply.

Consider going into your phone's Settings and then Battery and Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your battery.

If there is an app(s) that's using alot of battery then you can act to put it in sleep or Deep Sleep or even go into it's preference settings and adjust how it's allowed to behave.

Also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Was the phone sealed or was it a used phone  ?

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Mayya
Explorer
Options
Yeah I've tried that and it's in control now thank you. It was sealed and brand new its been about nearly 2 years now since I've had this phone. If I clear cache files wouldn't that take away some of my personal apps or info I tried it once on an app and next thing I couldn't log in? Will do thank you for being so helpful. You take care as well 😊
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your very welcome 👍 

Clearing the cache wouldn't remove your personal information @Mayya 

This shouldn't hinder the logging into an app either.