Galaxy A12, wifi keeps disconnecting.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 12:16 PM)
C76
Apprentice
Options
Hi all. After a little help.
I have a galaxy A12 smart phone.
Been working fine for over a year.
Before Christmas took a trip to Spain, and while there wifi wouldn't stay connected to any wifi networks over there. Thinking its just a one off, left it untill I came home. How for a while now, and the same thing.
Tried several wifi networks, all connect but as soon as a try to use it it either fully disconnects or goes to connected with no Internet.
All other devices work fine of the wifi, and phone works fine using mobile data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
mickyrb
Pioneer
Options
Have tried the forget network? Or reset network in general management?
0 Likes
C76
Apprentice
Options
Yeah tried that. Also tried switching off/on the auto update date time...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@C76 

May I suggest to go into Settings, Apps, Wi-Fi,  Storage and Clear Cache and if absolutely necessary Clear Data to see if that helps.

Also with some phone's I've found it helpful to split the frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and give them names so you know which is which, and then forget the network in the phone and reset up the connection to 2.4ghz and 5ghz which helped in some cases. 

Also changing the wireless channel in the routers settings can help. 

There is a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app too.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
C76
Apprentice
Options
OK, so last night I did a full backup of the phone. Deleted a few app. Thinking I'll do a wipe this morning. But working fine now. I guess deleting one of the apps fixed the issue. Not sure which app. But working. Thanks for all suggestions.
0 Likes
C76
Apprentice
Options
May help others. After a few days the backup also failed. I've however found the fault. A12, doesn't have 5G. The WiFi and Bluetooth use the same frequency. Turning off Bluetooth and had zero WiFi issues for a few weeks.
I'm sure there will be a way of using both, but so far I can do without Bluetooth.
ohene
First Poster
Options
I'm having the exact same problem right now & I'm at my wits end
0 Likes
niyaa
First Poster
Options

im sick of this problem 😞

0 Likes
Jetam
Journeyman
Options

You are right . I had problems with my wifi speeds (5-7mbs download only) and if I swicth off bluetooth it jump to 26 mbs. It's incredible. This is for sure a issue on this model. 

0 Likes